Why become a member? ×

Another pickguard question. :)

Marvin

I've bought a 90's Korean S series Squier P bass, should get it on Friday. It's black with a white PG. I dislike white on black and would like to put a black or tort one on it.

Question then, does anyone know if the ones from say [url="http://www.axesrus.com/AxePlatesBass.html"]Axerus[/url] would fit ie. without drilling any new holes or would I need to look at having one made (which given the fact it's a cheap bass may seem a little ostentatious :))? Or is there anywhere which supplies a direct fit?

Cheers

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1346586755' post='1790806']
Not sure about a drop-in replacement but as a backstop you could send a tracing of (or the original pickguard) to Howard the Bass Doc and he will make you a top quality replacement
[/quote]

Was about to suggest the same :)
There are quite a few variations with the Squier/Fender pguards. The last one I took a chance on and purchased online had to be sent back as it didnt fit.

Howard is your man.

[quote name='mushers' timestamp='1346588210' post='1790827']
do they come out spot on from a tracing ?
[/quote]
Sorry for silly-sounding answer but I guess it depends on the accuracy of the tracing. Its much better to send Howard the original I would guess so he can cut to exact proportions and - most importantly - site the screw holes identically. I am just the monkey, best to drop a PM directly to Bass Doc

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1346586755' post='1790806']you could send the original pickguard to Howard the Bass Doc and he will make you a top quality replacement[/quote]

Yep! I've recently done just that and he made me a very nice BWB one for my GL Jazz. I believe he also has stocks of "non-pepperoni" tortoiseshell... Excellent prices and service from Howard too.

He de mayan.