Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***MIM Fender Burgundy Mist '60s RI Jazz Bass***SOLD***

TheIceMoose

***NOW SOLD***

[u][b]Mexican Fender Burgundy Mist '60s RI Jazz Bass with matching headstock[/b][/u]

Made in 2002-2003 on a limited run. Being a '60s reissue it has small reverse tuners, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, and an alder body.

It's been recently set up and is the most playable bass I've ever owned. Sad to see it go but I'm not a bassist and it's too nice to let rot in my cupboard.

These have been going for £500+ on ebay on the rare occasions they pop up. This one has a couple of dinks here and there and a bit of buckle rash on the back so I'm looking for £450 with a rather splendid hard case thrown in.

I'm in Cardiff and I'm not too down with the posting instruments thing so collection would be ideal.

The pictures don't really show how nice the finish is really but let's have a go...

Edited by TheIceMoose

Umm, been humming and hah-ing about this one the last twice it's been up, assuming it's the same one.
I should have got it off Andy the first time I saw it up for sale, Manchester was a lot closer :P .
Beautiful bass.
Good luck.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1345036539' post='1772672']
Umm, been humming and hah-ing about this one the last twice it's been up, assuming it's the same one.
I should have got it off Andy the first time I saw it up for sale, Manchester was a lot closer :P .
Beautiful bass.
Good luck.
[/quote] not the same one. Andy's one had the other cover and he'ld added the middle screw to the pick guard.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1345036539' post='1772672']
Beautiful bass.
Good luck.
[/quote]

you should buy it - I have one and they are beautiful basses - MIM classic series standards - no affiliation to the seller BTW

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1345049425' post='1772894']
you should buy it - I have one and they are beautiful basses - MIM classic series standards - no affiliation to the seller BTW
[/quote]

Very tempted Gareth but 300 miles, £60+ of fuel and 5 hours driving are slightly off putting :(

Hi Karlfer

Cheers dude. It's a fine bass....used her for band prac tonite and the guys commented on the 'honkiness'! The neck pup needs raising (a lot) as its flush with the pick guard and therefore nothing on which to anchor the thumb! I'll sort that out tomorrow! Love the colour and the vintage vibe.

LC