Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 6 String Bass For Sale Again

ash

I bought this from EBay as an experiment to see if I could get on with a 6 string bass - I can't :( so its up for sale! Well despite it being a lovely bass and very easy to play I've decided it's not for me. The bass has a string spacing of just over 16mm at the bridge, 34" scale with a superb flat profiled Status graphite reinforced neck. The action is very low and the bass plays nice and easy up and down the scale.
Pickups are Status soap bars and it's an active bass with a wide range of tones and great punch and clarity. The bass comes with a spare set of brand new Rotosounds and an old case.
The bass has some cosmetic issues - it has been resprayed in black 'textured' paint a bit like Hammerite. It's not horrible and has been done reasonably well, but it's not perfect either. Secondly the soap bar covers have some surface wear and cracks which have been repaired; again only a cosmetic issue. There is a ding on the very top of the headstock, no other issues everything works properly, very little fret wear, truss rod turns, etc. The cosmetic issues are reflected in the price. £360 posted UK £345 picked up in person. Thanks.

Edited by ash

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1345238215' post='1775546']
Gah, I ordered something new instead here

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/184591-hkedel-bass-7-string-fretless-incoming/

Really hope I don't end up regretting not taking this instead!

Congrats on the sale :)
[/quote]

That looks very nice and at a bargain price too, hopefully this will be paid for and shipped soon.

My first 6'er was a Status Energy and was a cracking bass. Green LED side dots and the body was finished with what I decribed as translucent swamp green! It wasn't the prettiest of colours, but I had lots of fun playing it. Good luck with the sale and your new acquisition!

Edited by shizznit

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1345671072' post='1780409']
My first 6'er was a Status Energy and was a cracking bass. Green LED side dots and the body was finished with what I decribed as translucent swamp green! It wasn't the prettiest of colours, but I had lots of fun playing it. Good luck with the sale and your new acquisition!
[/quote]

Status 5 and 6 strings have the most accessible necks I've played, your bass was one for Shockwave by the description of the colour of it!

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1346881726' post='1794556']
Just to say if the neck is anything like the Status shark 5 I've got at the mo they are seriously easy to play it is ridiculous, have a super shallow neck bump on me B)
[/quote]

Thank, yes it is a nice neck, I too am a fan of Status Sharks as you well know! Good honest basses with fantastic necks.