Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why look for a bass player when you could have a guitarist instead?

Happy Jack

[quote name='AndyBob09' timestamp='1344948883' post='1771488']
I mean, it's piss easy. It's got 1/3 less strings than a guitar, so must be 1/3 less difficult, eh?
[/quote]

Sorry. Have to be blunt here, AndyBob. You're sadly mistaken.
For each extra string it gets twice as difficult. Proven scientific fact. So bass is 75% less difficult.
Yup: piss easy. ;) :lol:
(Remembah: "Math is your friend.")

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Adrenochrome' timestamp='1344952551' post='1771563']
To be honest [i]most[/i] guitar players I know make good bass players. If they can't find a dedicated bassist, why not?
[/quote]

You haven't met my husband.... When I took up bass, he thought he would be able to play it easily.... He soon got bored when he realised you can't twiddle your way around and hope for the best :lol:

Now he looks at me with a new found musical respect, as I need to know MORE about musical theory and what makes baselines tick, whilst he still does his little twiddles on his 6 string high pitched whiny thing he calls a guitar :P

I couldn't be bothered to click the link to hear them but they are a London based unsigned indie band, they are unlikely to be looking for Dr. Funkenstein. I don't see the problem. They are obviously just trying to maximise the chances of finding someone.

I've played with a keyboard player who was really a bssist and several multi instrumentalists who were basically guitarists we didn't let play guitar. It's only rock 'n' roll after all...

Not sure about that.... If I want a keyboard, I want someone with loads of time on that instrument. .... And if I want a piano player I don't want someone who says he plays keys... He needs to be a piano player first.

If you can have a choice of someone with 20 Good years on their main instrument, you don't want some one who put their hand up and says 'I'll give it a go'
Thanks but no thanks.