Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Image Focus SA: (600W) 3.5 lbs £ SOLD !!!

eubassix

Here's some photos and a comprehensive outline from AI:-

Focus SA: 600W of power in a compact, single-channel satellite amp.
· Same 600W dual-voltage power amp as Focus integrated amps
· Even smaller size and lower weight (3.5 lbs)
· Pair with any high-quality preamp or mixer — or add a second power amp section to your Focus or Clarus for greater volume and headroom.
· Adds stereo capability when paired with Clarus 2R or Focus 2R
· Combo jack accepts ¼-inch or XLR inputs
· Input level control
· Two parallel twist-lock output jacks
· Comes with padded case, 6 foot power cord

Design Goals
"Power without corruption". This simple phrase aptly describes the Focus SA high-powered amp heads which deliver an astounding 600 watts (into 4 ohms) of power from a tiny 3.5-lb. package, without compromising the characteristically open, natural Acoustic Image sound. Focus amps are designed to meet the needs of players who require extra high volume or exceptional headroom in a highly portable package, and designed to accurately reproduce the sound of instruments without compromise.
Unlike other solid state amps, Focus delivers a distinctly warm, tube-like sound which is flat across the spectrum and not voiced to favour any particular frequency. So if you use a high quality speaker, what you hear is just the sound of your instrument.
The Focus SA can be paired with any high quality mixer or preamp — or connected as a satellite amp to an AI Focus or Clarus (via the send output or direct out) to add even greater volume and headroom. Comes with a padded bag and speaker cable with twist-lock terminations
Technical Specs System Focus SA
Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 0.5 dB
Distortion <0.5% full output, <0.1% typical
Hum and Noise -85 dB or better
AC Power 115V/60Hz, 230/50Hz, switchable
Size10 X 6.5 X 3.1 inches
Weight 3.5 pounds
Power Amp: Class D (PWM)
Switching Frequency 200 kHz
Output Power >300 Watts (8ohm)>600 Watts (4ohm)>800 Watts (2ohm)
Minimum Load 2 ohms
InputXLR–1/4" combo jack, 5k impedance
Sensitivity250 mV rms for full output (“instrument level”)
Output ConnectorsNeutrik Speakon type (pole 1)
Included Accessories: Gig bag with shoulder strap (works fine, but rather worn & some tears to the corners) - can carry the amp + associated leads etc.

£ SOLD !!!

Edited by eubassix

How long have you been sitting on this? I know it might be frowned upon but if I were you I'd mention this sale in one of the relevant threads in the Amps forum. A lot of people have been asking about small power amps.

That's smaller than my Eden WTX-260 (ie. gig bag pouch size) with more than twice the power. Looks like a great solution for people with an EBS Microbass II preamp or equivalent. I probably would have taken it off you a month or two ago.

[quote name='The Funk' post='191167' date='May 3 2008, 12:23 PM']Looks like a great solution for people with an EBS Microbass II preamp or equivalent. I probably would have taken it off you a month or two ago.[/quote]

That's basically the rig I ran for a couple of years. Sounded great.

Have a bump - Acoustic Image make great products. Don't be fooled by the size, or the name. I've used my Focus 2 head (which has the same power amp as this) to run an Ashdown BP1510 (1x15,2x10 and horn) 650watt cab for a full on rock band and it did the job with perfection.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='195531' date='May 9 2008, 04:31 PM']Don't be fooled by the size, ...... it did the job with perfection.[/quote]

I am a new subscriber to the 'small box' format. I have to agree, on more than one occasion people have turned their noses up at my li'l amp. They do tend to change their mind when it keeps up with very little effort in a full rock band ;o)

Hi there
you,ve seriously got my attention, ive been thinking of selling my EBS td 650, and buying a small power amp to use with my EBS microbass 2 as i only do small gigs so im looking at downsizing and having a little extra cash to put toward other stuff, this looks just what i need, but ive just looked at the acoustic image website and it quotes the power rating at 800 watts in 4 ohms , your ad states 600 is yours an older model? hope so as my cabs are rated600 watts in total so dont want to blow them up (mind you at the level i have to play) it would also depend on a quick sale of my own amp of course.
let me know the specs, while im wrestling with my love of ebs ha ha.
all the best- lee

HI Lee - yes, the new model (on the AI website) is now rated @ 800 .. and you're correct in thinking that this is the previous (older) model which is 600w. Other than that they are very much the same, in terms of design, weight etc.
Hope this helps !