Why become a member? ×

RKS IS NOW SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!

greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='190225' date='May 2 2008, 06:34 AM']Thanks Wooks![/quote]
No probs, I hope this goes to a good home soon......won't be mine though not unless you want to donate it to a good home :huh: :)

[quote name='Wooks' post='190422' date='May 2 2008, 12:31 PM']No probs, I hope this goes to a good home soon......won't be mine though not unless you want to donate it to a good home :huh: :)[/quote]

Ha ha to be honest i am happy to keep her in my home, and would rather sell the warwick, although that is a great bass, i dont think it will get the use that a good bass deservs so i hope that sells, but even that, im not worried if it sells.

Were it this one.....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-RKS-Original-Solidbody-4-String-A-Body-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ110250750716QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-RKS-Original-Sol...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

You'd have one hand as teh other would have been snapped off! :)

Just goes to show how different all our tastes are when it comes to basses. To me that eBay RKS is just horrible (and no wonder it's still not sold); greyparrot's bass is much nicer looking. If you want a natural wood finish there's far more elegant examples for view on the [url="http://rksguitars.com/"]RKS site[/url]

IMO the one on ebay sucks: they have made no effort to match the wood on the rear access cover to the rest of the bass...yuk. Mine although deep red had the same wood and you could see the grain matched.
Yes, I know no-one ever sees it but I'm funny like that! :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='202167' date='May 19 2008, 02:51 PM']I can't believe this has not sold yet, these really are great basses and USA made for only £450?
Have a bump on me![/quote]

Thank you. It is a fab bass, but since i have the status 5 (my bass that i have wanted for years and now have a brand new s2) I know the rks will just be hanging on the wall at home looking pretty, which is no place for a bass of this quality. To re cap, It is a 5 string A bass in gloss red, with through maple neck, ebony fingerboard, and mm pickup, usa made , certified (included) in hard case with a few paper extras. The hard case is very high quality as new, and it cant be less than £70 to buy it self. All for £450 including next day! I have sold a few thiongs here now, and eveyone has been happy, so i do ask that whomever buys this i would require a cash payment into my bank/or local p/up. Here are my details

www.bsharpduo.co.uk

cheers .

• 2 weeks later...

Tis mine...all mine I tell yah........I'm the very proud new owner of this absolutley stunning bass :wub:
My thanks to Rich, who is an aboslutlely top bloke to deal with!! He kept me informed of what was going at his end throughout the whole process, he packaged my new baby up really well, even ParcelFARCE didn't manage to do any damage neither!! :brow:
To be honest I think I've just landed the bargain of the century for sure! One thing I would say Rich your pics don't do her any justice, she is much better looking in the flesh or should that be wood!! lol She is totally gorge :wub:
She is going to get her first outing on what will also be my first live public performance at my music school's summer concert.
Thanks Rich it's been a pleasure dealing with you mate!!

[quote name='Wooks' post='209555' date='May 30 2008, 12:37 PM']Tis mine...all mine I tell yah........I'm the very proud new owner of this absolutley stunning bass :wub:
My thanks to Rich, who is an aboslutlely top bloke to deal with!! He kept me informed of what was going at his end throughout the whole process, he packaged my new baby up really well, even ParcelFARCE didn't manage to do any damage neither!! :brow:
To be honest I think I've just landed the bargain of the century for sure! One thing I would say Rich your pics don't do her any justice, she is much better looking in the flesh or should that be wood!! lol She is totally gorge :wub:
She is going to get her first outing on what will also be my first live public performance at my music school's summer concert.
Thanks Rich it's been a pleasure dealing with you mate!![/quote]

I'm so glad someone has taken a punt on this as I was trying to talk myself up to going for it myself! Just realised mine was a Symbass and this is an Abass and has the slightly longer top horn: I bet you are chuffed as they are so nice to play!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='209653' date='May 30 2008, 02:48 PM']I'm so glad someone has taken a punt on this as I was trying to talk myself up to going for it myself! Just realised mine was a Symbass and this is an Abass and has the slightly longer top horn: I bet you are chuffed as they are so nice to play![/quote]
Oh boy you betcha!!! I'm well chuffed, :) Even though I'm learning to play bass she has come to a good home and will be looked after. I couldn't have wished for a better bass to learn on. Even though she is passive she has got the same punch and clout as my ESP 4 string which is active!!

[quote name='BigRedX' post='209803' date='May 30 2008, 06:57 PM']Good luck with your wonderful new bass.

(If you ever in a moment of madness decide to sell drop me a PM)[/quote]
Thanks Red I will do, she is getting her first outing at the music school I go to for lessons. They have summer concert and it's my first public performance!!
I'll keep you in mind but I wouldn't hold your breathe about me contacting you in the near future :) Cos I fallen for her big style :wub: Like I said Rich's pics really don't do her any justice she is totally gorge, even my wife said she was pretty!