Why become a member? ×

ALLEVA COPPOLO LG4 Daryl Jones

kelbrihan

Alleva Coppolo LG4 in excellent condition - black with black PG.
I call it the Darryl Jones signature bass because all of his basses are 60s, black with rosewood boards and matching headstocks.

Specs:
Black poly finish
21 stainless steel frets
Indian rosewood board
Alder body
Poly finish on the neck
Vinyl pearl blovks peel right off but i think they look cool
9 lbs on the bathroom scale

This bass sounds huge!!! It is an excellent player in pristine condition
£2175 shipped, save the 2 year wait

Edited by kelbrihan

• 2 months later...

Are you sure it's an LG?

I didn't think Jimmy made LG's with blocks and these were only on the RA or LM series basses?

Edit - Sorry, reading on an iPhone and just realised the blocks are transfers and not inlays. If it's a poly finish then it must be a basic LG Standard?

If I'm reading this correctly then you're based in the US so would have to factor in shipping at between $130 and $180 plus duties and taxes of around 23%?

I'm not sure I understand the Daryll Jones reference. Are you saying that there's an association with DJ just because he often plays black basses with blocks or is there an direct link I'm missing somewhere?

Just asking as I've seen him play lots of different colours and brands but not actually an Alleva Coppolo. I had a quick hunt to see what his bass of choice was these days but his Wiki entry didn't really confirm anything (and it shows him playing a blue/green bass http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Jones )

Apologies if I'm getting confused here :(

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1350860056' post='1844493']
I'm not sure I understand the Daryll Jones reference. Are you saying that there's an association with DJ just because he often plays black basses with blocks or is there an direct link I'm missing somewhere?
[/quote]
+1.

Puzzled.

• 2 weeks later...