Why become a member? ×

What a great way to showcase different basses.

steve-soar

I like them all! But that slap sound on that Jazz is fantastic to my ears - pure Marcus Miller! In fact I like the J best in all pickup combinations.

The 'Ray is nice too. Exactly what I expect when I think of "that" sound! :)

The Alembic sounds a bit distorted to me. The Jazzman is nice on the bridge and both pickups, but not the neck IMO.

The Star bass is a new one on me.Can't say I was massively impressed by the sounds, but it sure looks nice!

Just to echo what others have said really ; the Star Bass and the Alembic sound a different class to me. That Jazz Bass has got the 70s pickup spacing and heavily laquered maple board- sound in spades , by the way. Very tidy playing by the guy too. Seeing as people have been enjoying this, I thought I would throw this into the equation

:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1SsNIymyQ

A selection of basses with flats, this time but some great tones and some excellent playing by this chap as well.

Edited by Dingus

I've just got round to listen with the headphones.

I think the big issue is that you're getting a chorus effect with some of the basses with the original bass sound. On some of the basses the chorus effect is more noticeable and others less. The Warwick seems a bit less bassy. The Alembic and the '95 Stingray seem to have more chorus.

Liked the Alembic though and will have a look out for one to try.