Why become a member? ×

Sale or Trade: Iceni Zoot V Custom Shop (sold elsewhere..please remove)

CPBass

[size=4][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A gorgeous & unique example of master craftsmanship from UK luthier Mike Walsh (Iceni)
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Commissioned in 2010.

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gloss finish Ash body with Maple neck, ebony lined through to a birdseye maple fingerboard, chrome hardware with brass adjustable nut and bi-flex truss rod

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twin Bartolini soapbar pickups with series or parallel selector switches alongside independent volume pots for each pickup. This bass has a custom Vintage Filter which on a full sweep takes things from a lovely Motown Fender thump all the way through to full active glassy trouser flapping tone monster. 18v active system gives as much poke as you could ever need.

[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Its a very serious piece of kit with quality sounds available to match any musical situation you'll find yourself in. As lovely the bass is I'm looking for something else. GAS attack if you will.. The neck profile is similar to a Fender P bass but a tad shallower, string spacing is 18.5mm @ the bridge. Great E string!!

All in immaculate unmarked, very clean and looked after condition with brand new Hiscox liteflite case.

If this had a different name on it it would be double the price. If you want serious quality without the 'In' bass name & price tag then check this out. She's a sweetie.[/font]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buyer to collect or organise courier. I will pack the bass and hard case in heavy duty transport box ready for collection[/font][/color] [/size]

This was £2k when commissioned in 2010 so the value is reflected from that really, a cash value these days does not appear to work the same as a trade value. Ive dropped the price of this to give-away levels and no budging so it obviously isn't moving in the sale world so im going for trade only. Looking for basses of a similar pedigree but can add a bit of cash for the right bass. Electric or acoustic guitars interest me too, thats right...im a gear slut

Trade Price - £975/£1000 (Still 50% of new price)

Will accept £850 if you got the cash ;)

[size=4]PICS HERE: [/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][url="http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CPBassman/Iceni%20Zoot%20V%20Custom%20Shop/"]http://s980.photobuc...0Custom%20Shop/[/url][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Should you wish to discuss a deal drop me a message or text on 07790 601682.[/color][/size]

Edited by Voodoosnake

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to invite peoples thoughts on this bass and the pricing etc. Am I going wrong here? If so, where?

It needs to be played and does so exquisitely but Ive had almost Zero interest.

All comments welcomed, cheers :yarr:

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1345146191' post='1774334']
I would like to invite peoples thoughts on this bass and the pricing etc. Am I going wrong here? If so, where?

It needs to be played and does so exquisitely but Ive had almost Zero interest.

All comments welcomed, cheers :yarr:
[/quote]

Personally, I think the price is great considering what you'll get for your money. Mike Walsh is a good luthier. Your only problem is the current climate. There's stuff on here that is up for sale for quite a bit lower than what used to be the norm, It's purely a reflection of the times, Things will improve I'm sure, but who knows when. There's a lot of uncertainty in the employment market at present so people need to think about everyday bills etc rather than another bit of kit.

As you say, if it had something like Fbass on the headstock, you'd be asking twice the price but I doubt whether it would make any difference to the saleability at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...