Why become a member? ×

Band Crusade Campaign!

paulpirie8

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1343832767' post='1755958'] well, it means the younger generation have heard of him, maybe not in the same way as he'd have liked... but still, otherwise he'd be nobody by now... no?..... Ok. :yarr: [/quote] :lol:

Although I think he did his bit, as it were, for the younger generation.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1343837479' post='1756102']
What is REAL music anyway?
[/quote]
Music you play through RealPlayer, duh!

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1343837479' post='1756102']
I'd rather watch the Voice on the beeb to be honest. Great show. Well...it's probably as much to do with the fact I've got a crush on Jessie J :blush: :D
[/quote]
You might be out of luck there...

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1343837781' post='1756110']
Music you play through RealPlayer, duh!
[/quote]

Oh, RealPlayer you say!

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1343837781' post='1756110']
You might be out of luck there...
[/quote]

Well, one can live in hope. Hope is a good thing and maybe the best of things* :)

*pinched from the Shawshank Redemption :)

It's mostly angry young men trying to express their feelings through music because no one will listen when they speak.

Them no one listens when they play their music either.

Shame really - all that emotion and energy going to waste. I know a few divorced women in their 40s who would at least pretend to listen.

I stumbled across this post while searching for the Band Crusade Campaign as a couple of close friends are in one of the bands taking part. To be honest I can't see what your problem is with the idea, yes it seems a similar approach to shows like XFactor and The Voice, but the fact is these are great bands that write their own music and want to be heard. Not some of the jokes you see on ITV singing a different cover every week.

The people behind this obviously aren't in it for the money as it was free for bands to enter and it's certainly free to vote, not even the cost of a phone call as on the TV shows.

Not being funny but I’ve listened to a few of the bands and I’m surprised some of these aren’t already signed. I’d rather spend my day listening the bands on this website than listening to any radio station!

• 3 months later...

For anyone still interested, we made it into the final 20 of this competition with the winner getting announced on Saturday. Voting closes on Friday so if you want to help the cause here's the link again:

[url="http://bandcrusade.com/#!/bands"]http://bandcrusade.com/#!/bands[/url]

Cheers,

Paul