Why become a member? ×

Cab choices for TC RH450 / 750

fretmeister

I've read through the massive amount of threads on here about the RH heads, all the love, turning into hate ;) etc etc.

Now, judging ONLY by the little gear lists in people's signatures it seems that the people who are most impressed with the amps are NOT using TC cabs. Is that correct?

I'm currently using a pair of Markbass Club 121 cabs and I like them a lot, and in fact like them, so far, with any head I've tried with them.

I do notice that many people (WoT!) say there is no real low end on the RH series heads, but the TC Cabs appear to have a freq range from 60hz on the RS210 and 59hz on the RS212. That seems a pretty high freq to me.

Loads of bass cabs quote 40hz or lower.

So, is the perceived lack of proper low end due more to the cabs than the amp? I haven't found a post from anyone unhappy who is using a Barefaced for example.

So who is using what? Have you changed cabs with your RH? etc etc

ta

(Mrs f has approved a new amp purchase and I really really hope the RH series would suit me. The memory function and compression would be exactly what I'm looking for.... if it sounds right!)

Have to disagree about the low end. If anything I've usually rolled-off the bass a little when using 450's in the past. The couple of things I didn't like with the 450 were lack of hf and oompf. The RH750 I think has resolved that for me.
I went through the RS210 and RS212 a couple or so years back. Sounded great at home volume but did nothing for me when gigging. Just my opinion but the 210 struggled to throw out any real volume before breaking up with no real depth at gigs and the 212 lacked definition. That was up against cabs I was use to using around that period such as Tech SS and EBS Neos, but thats just my experience.
Unfortunately figures (apart from dimensions, wattage and impedance) don't mean much to me with cab specs.
Don't know if that was any help!

I use mine with a Schroeder 1515L, which is big speakers in a small box and so has a low-mid bump, but I can EQ a ton of bass into it, and get a ton out. No problems here, it sounds ace live, too.

Whatever the cabs are, the RH450/750 can handle under 4 ohms, i.e. 2.66 ohms. That's three 8 ohm cabs, or a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm.

I used a Barefaced compact and S12T, 8 ohm and 4 ohm respectively, from my RH450, sounded pretty good.

Edited by aldude