Why become a member? ×

The last of the none Matamps - Dynacord MV15 vintage tube amp - Sold

Had this for a good few years and actually recorded my last album using it.

Matamp are now able to deliver me a small home tube amp so there is no point keeping this now.

Back in 1957 this would have been a PA amp, now it's an awesome recording and home practice amp.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For valves the full kit is: 2 x ECC83, 2 x EL84, EF86, EZ81. From what I can see most of these are vintage.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has 4 inputs all with weird connectors, a cable that allows you to use 2 of those suitable for bass will be included and I have another cable that uses a mic channel and if you use this on bass you'll get the grittiests, most tube driven tone you've ever heard.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can handle 15 and 6 Ohms. so 16 and 8 ohms ;) I've been using it with an 8ohm cab for the past few years and it really does sound amazing, [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now it's recently developed a considerable hiss, this is likely due to it not having a service for a good few years, I'm sure it's an easy fix so much so that I am willing to get it fixed, but I'll provide a discount to anyone who wants to take it as is as a hobby piece.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now for the pricing, I'm after £175 as is, or £250 all serviced and fixed up, I do this because some people enjoy messing with these as hobbies so shouldn't be stung by me getting the work done by the ever professional Dave Lunt[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a very well built amp, very light as well and I would be willing to post it if required, however this will be extra.[/font][/color]

http://distilleryimage2.instagram.com/36c0eeded37511e1bb6a1231381f737d_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/58e1a3e6d37511e1b5561231380f91a6_7.jpg

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right bit of an update.

Had this serviced at Matamp over the weekend so it's now pumping out a full 14w-15w and the hiss is down to what it would have left the factory.

Andrew informed me it uses a Baxandall eq, same as many amps of that era such as the Ampeg B15, it really is a fantastic sounding amp I just wanted something with a few more modern features and I'm a Matamp whore ;)

I now have a Minimat that's been modified for bass so I have no need for this at all, happy to accept crazy offers on it, hit me up people, I'd rather this go to collector as the amp is as safe and as working as it was in 1957 but that's safe for 1957 this is not an ideal starter tube amp ;)

Yeah thought I'd be best snagging it asap, they only have 4 Minimats left and then they'll be no more.

Had the preamp tube changed, selected the power valve that gave the best bass and had some caps changed, its not massively different and it's thunderous but I work on the basis that if you play an expensive bass and rig live you can't come home and plug into a 15w squire combo, so I have something that sounds very hifi at home now.

Will see how recording goes with it next month

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...