Why become a member? ×

Sandberg customiser

snazz

Does anyone know of a link where you can pick and choose what you do and don't want on their basses? I don't like painted headstocks and they charge quite a bit extra for it. I love peal inlays, but I don't like active basses, it's just not something I like or have had use for in the past.

Sandberg California TM4 SBLB sounds nice, I'd like it in white and passive. Any clues? :)

Regards

Steve.

All Sandbergs are basically made to order. Obviously the shops that stock them order the most commonly requested options, but essentially whatever you want is possible! (I should know, I've got a custom spec one being built at the moment!)

You need to speak to Alan Greensall at the UK Distributor, Synergy Distribution, who is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and will be able to advise you of the best way to go about getting the bass you want.

[quote name='snazz' timestamp='1342710826' post='1739787']
Does anyone know of a link where you can pick and choose what you do and don't want on their basses? I don't like painted headstocks and they charge quite a bit extra for it. I love peal inlays, but I don't like active basses, it's just not something I like or have had use for in the past.

Sandberg California TM4 SBLB sounds nice, I'd like it in white and passive. Any clues? :)

[/quote]

I found german stores were really helpful when I ordered mine. Thomann and Station Music (who I eventually bought from) were really good :) .

Ash

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1342800145' post='1741246']
Go with the german stores. Much cheaper.

Email Thomann and they'll get back to you in a few days with confimation of spec & price.
[/quote]

I really think it's worth speaking to Alan at Synergy. It's possible to end up with what you want, at the price you want, through a UK dealer........ I felt this was better in case I had any problems with the bass or needed anything else.

I've never understood this need to go through a dealer when you're ordering a custom bass. Dealers are for off the peg basses. Surely when you're going for custom options you should go direct to the manufacturer? IMO every extra person an order goes through increase the chance of something going wrong.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1342897466' post='1742603']
I've never understood this need to go through a dealer when you're ordering a custom bass. Dealers are for off the peg basses. Surely when you're going for custom options you should go direct to the manufacturer? IMO every extra person an order goes through increase the chance of something going wrong.
[/quote]

All Sandbergs are basically made to order, so even though there are "standard options" there are no off the peg ones as such. Models that you see in shops are usually pretty obvious popular choices which they know will sell.

Sandberg are still a pretty small outfit, and I suspect that they would rather rely on their distributors and dealers to interface with the public, instead of having to employ a sales/customer service team and manage it all in-house. You could say that some of the British luthiers manage to do it all themselves, but Sandberg have a global presence and I expect produce significantly more instruments per year.