Why become a member? ×

NBD

Bassman Steve

Just acquired this 'beauty' from the Bass Gallery. Mainly 1973 but a handful of other years too. It plays beautifully and I have got the Bass Doctor on the case to make a good 70's pattern tort plate for it.

Now, do I get it stripped properly or leave looking like Rory Gallagher's hitherto unknown bass?

Ah, you were the other interested party? As soon as Alex mentioned someone else I knew I'd have to act quickly or lose it. It just oozed playability, even in the pictures.

It looks dreadful up close but plays beuatifully (with a B profile neck, the same as my #1 bass). I need to renew the side markets as they're black and invisible against the wear on the neck but that's it really.

Apologies for beating you to it. Maybe the stripped '66 on Andy Baxter will be of interest?

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1342176954' post='1730831']
Ah, you were the other interested party? As soon as Alex mentioned someone else I knew I'd have to act quickly or lose it. It just oozed playability, even in the pictures.

It looks dreadful up close but plays beuatifully (with a B profile neck, the same as my #1 bass). I need to renew the side markets as they're black and invisible against the wear on the neck but that's it really.

Apologies for beating you to it. Maybe the stripped '66 on Andy Baxter will be of interest?
[/quote]

I never got as far as contacting the Gallery, unfortunately I've had to spend the money on a new boiler. :(

There is indeed several basses on Andy's site I'd love to own but it's going to be a while before I have the readies.

Enjoy your new bass!

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1342202728' post='1731673']
Thanks Jon, if I were an MM player I'd have had that gorgeous anniversary bass of yours.
[/quote]

Very kind of you Steve. It's in The Gallery now should anyone fancy buying it!
Any chance of some more pictures of your new bass for a better look at the 'mojo' Steve?