Why become a member? ×

Farida FJB-6 £80 plus effects pedal on Gumtree Edinburgh

gjones

You all know how good these are and they're over £200 new.

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/farida-fjb-6-bass-guitar-for-sale/106276527#gallery-item-full-4"]http://www.gumtree.c...ery-item-full-4[/url]

Edited by gjones

I have this model and it is a great bass regardless of price and better than many more expensive Jazzes I have played.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aks3fSHA1jU&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aks3fSHA1jU&feature=player_embedded[/url]

More info here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169759-farida-fjb-6-bass-review/page__hl__farida"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/169759-farida-fjb-6-bass-review/page__hl__farida[/url]

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1341939502' post='1726631']
I have this model and it is a great bass regardless of price and better than many more expensive Jazzes I have played.

[/quote] You know i'm sure you're right. Price means nothing. Stick a fender neck on it and off you go.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1341937763' post='1726574']
Fodera :o cough splutter choke :D
[/quote]

See the video above. It would make a very nice spare bass.They're very decent build quality made in the same factory in China the CV Squiers are made. I'd buy it but I already have two nice Jazzes.

Edited by gjones

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1341943073' post='1726753']
See the video above. It would make a very nice spare bass.They're very decent build quality made in the same factory in China the CV Squiers are made. I'd buy it but I already have two nice Jazzes.
[/quote]

Aye but the video above is for a Farida. :D

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1341943330' post='1726769']
Aye but the video above is for a Farida. :D
[/quote]

I'm a twit.

I could pretend I was dyslexic but I don't have that excuse. I meant Farida.

Edited by gjones

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1341943073' post='1726753']
[/quote]
Buy it anyway, it's a steal at that price and much better than the Squier imo - I have both.
But then I've got 4 nice Jazz basses :)

You're not a twit - Fodera/Farida makes no difference unless you're a rich snob and the Farida is a fine instrument (if a bit on the heavy side).

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1341955879' post='1727127']
or am i just getting a bit carried away with his playing and it actually is the guitar? why do I do this? I love the sound of Jazzes, but when I play them I don't!
[/quote]

His playing is amazing and he can make any bass sound great, but no one sounds better on an expensive bass, so why waste the money?
I don't play anything like him, my style is reggae and soul music, for which the Farida is perfect (with a change to flatwounds).

I bought a Farida Jazz blind on the strength of that review, not really knowing what to expect and I am genuinely blown away.
It easily compares to basses costing far more and it just exudes quality.
If it said Lakland (or similar) on the headstock and was priced at £700, it would be perfectly acceptable.
I sold my Mexican Fender because this put it to shame and it's better than my Squier CV, which is made in the same factory and is a lovely bass with a gorgeous neck, but the pick ups on the Farida are more powerful and the whole thing feels more solid.
The truss rod is adjusted at the heel and the neck is very straight with perfect intonation and excellent tonal balance across the strings.

If I was closer I would buy that Farida for £80 (with gig bag and fx box) - you can't really go wrong at that price.
But I wouldn't buy it blind just in case there's a major problem with no return option.

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1341958925' post='1727200'] His playing is amazing and he can make any bass sound great, but no one sounds better on an expensive bass, so why waste the money? I don't play anything like him, my style is reggae and soul music, for which the Farida is perfect (with a change to flatwounds). I bought a Farida Jazz blind on the strength of that review, not really knowing what to expect and I am genuinely blown away. It easily compares to basses costing far more and it just exudes quality. If it said Lakland (or similar) on the headstock and was priced at £700, it would be perfectly acceptable. I sold my Mexican Fender because this put it to shame and it's better than my Squier CV, which is made in the same factory and is a lovely bass with a gorgeous neck, but the pick ups on the Farida are more powerful and the whole thing feels more solid. The truss rod is adjusted at the heel and the neck is very straight with perfect intonation and excellent tonal balance across the strings. If I was closer I would buy that Farida for £80 (with gig bag and fx box) - you can't really go wrong at that price. But I wouldn't buy it blind just in case there's a major problem with no return option. [/quote]

In my jazz bass gas phase I played a couple of Farida, the ash wood model. I was very impressed.
But, bah, one day ill admit my warwick will never sound like a jazz bass!