Why become a member? ×

Bridges - BBOT vs hiMass

Lots of different POVs. I got caught up in bridgestyeria and bought some aftermarket bridges. They made it easier to fine tune the instruments when doing a setup but i was never really convinced about them having any impact tonally.

The 2 Tek bridge is one that i think does affect the tone of a bass having heard heard a Cruise bass with and without. Of course thats a very limited survey of two basses :rolleyes:

Leos best bridge has to be the Stingray - its very cool.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1342122120' post='1730094']The 2 Tek bridge is one that i think does affect the tone of a bass ...[/quote]
The 2-Tek bridge does require you to cut a big hole through the body of your bass.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1342122120' post='1730094']Leos best bridge has to be the Stingray ...[/quote]
And the horseshoe design (saddle-lock bridge) CLF used at G&L (which made it's first appearance on the MusicMan Sabre) is pretty good.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1342184381' post='1731049']
The 2-Tek bridge does require you to cut a big hole through the body of your bass.
[/quote]
Sure, as an aftermarket thing its something i would never do - way too much of a coward. But as its part of the bass body i believe it makes a big difference to the overall tone.

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1342118520' post='1730013']
...but to mind the best "Fender upgrade" bridge ever is....the Schaller 3D
[/quote]

This, especially if you rest the heel of your hand on the bridge. And the ease of lateral adjustment for iffy pickup positioning.