Why become a member? ×

1979 B.C.Rich Bich 8 string Sold Elsewhere

Lorne

Here I have a 1979 handmade B.C.Rich Bich, mostly original (Truss Rod cover is a replacement). 30.5" scale length

Wings are solid Koa and neck is Flame Maple, Fretboard is Brazilian Rosewood

DiMarzio pick ups, Grover Tuners (Top and Bottom), Leo Quan Badass bridge

Has a couple of dings (It is 33 years old!)

Set up as a 4 string, but the 8 string nut is still on the bass

Issues :- Crack in the control cavity, It hasn't shifted since I put it there in 1992, could be rectified by glueing wood inside the cavity.Someone has removed wood from around the truss rod nut (Invisable when covered by the truss rod cover). Weird wiring issue, when the bass is in the OUT of Phase position, the bass is IN Phase, and when it's IN phase, it's OUT of Phase.

Both Pre-amp boosters work

Comes in a Non original Flight case, needs work depending if you don't like leopardskin

have the original warranty card also

£1300 plus shipping
[font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font]

Edited by Lorne

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/share6_album/5-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/share6_album/6-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/190968/SV202426.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/190968/SV202422.jpg[/IMG]

Local Devon pick up is also fine

Lorne... you're starting to scare me with all of these sales... Who's holding a gun to your head?

Good luck with the sale mate, most of you probably already know this but Lorne is great to deal with so buy in confidence :D

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1341586329' post='1721455']
Lorne... you're starting to scare me with all of these sales... Who's holding a gun to your head?

Good luck with the sale mate, most of you probably already know this but Lorne is great to deal with so buy in confidence :D
[/quote]

Thanks mate, nobody is holding a gun to my head, just got 4 kids and a relatively small house, what's not for sale is my 1985 Ironbird, 1985 Bich 8, 1987 ST, 1994 Widow and nobody can afford my 1978 Mockingbird

Want another John Myung?

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1341605378' post='1721829']
Holy crap!
I don't normally do the lottery but I'm doing it tomorrow!
[/quote]

Cool, I've got a Spector Euro 4 up for sale as well, get them 6 numbers ;) :lol:

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1341616797' post='1722027']
Lovely Lorne. If I had some cash I would have at least the Yamaha off of you :)
[/quote]

Cool Bro, you should know how to get here by now LOL

[quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1341617278' post='1722033']
Cool Bro, you should know how to get here by now LOL
[/quote]

Gotta sell the Pedulla first, doesant look like thats happening anytime soon though! Moving to London as well, so money is a big factor!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1341624362' post='1722101']
That has an extra knob and switch vs my BCs, what does it do?

Sort of want, but its pretty short.
[/quote]

The Bich has 2 Pre-amps, so a switch (On/off) and it's corresponding volume

What do you mean by "Short", the scale length? if so, there were only about 4 made full scale, in 4 string, the shortscale enables you to play blinding fast runs mate :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1341660707' post='1722375']
Blinding fast isn't really what I do. Deafening loud, sure. Does it have two outputs so you can send one to a guitar rig or something?
[/quote]

No, one pre-amp boosts it by about 10 times it's output (Adjustable by the volume control) and the other pre-ampo will boost that by about 4 times (again, adjustable)

Single jack socket

*Edited for terrible spelling*

Edited by Lorne

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1341664464' post='1722441']
Ha, there I was thinking another 9db of boost was just what my Eagle needed for that last push over the cliff. It was sounding a bit polite in the hands of Bassbod yesterday.
[/quote]

Don't use both pre-amps on full, IF you own Hartke Cabs, I blew 2 up in 1992 :o

Always loved these, although I haven't played one in about 25 years. Sadly currently have no funds, but if the lottery comes up you're on! Best of luck with the sale.

Just out of interest, what do these balance like? I've never played one standing up. BTW, loving that case, that is seriously pimped!!!! :D

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1341679378' post='1722706']
Always loved these, although I haven't played one in about 25 years. Sadly currently have no funds, but if the lottery comes up you're on! Best of luck with the sale.

Just out of interest, what do these balance like? I've never played one standing up. BTW, loving that case, that is seriously pimped!!!! :D
[/quote]

Using a 3" suede backed Leather strap (and straplocks of course) it hangs at about 2.30/2.45 on a clock face, without any hands on it, and I leaned forward to get it off my fat gut :lol: :lol:

So it balances perfectly :)

I have 2 of 'em

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/share6_album/DSC00153.jpg[/IMG]