Why become a member? ×

Bridge Allen Key size for Squire Jazz bass? (Made in Indonesia)

neptunehealer

No idea, I slacken the string off and twiddle the threaded bit of the saddle screw that sticks out of the bottom of the bridge piece. Much easier as all my basses seem to need different size allen keys and I can never find one quickly.

Edited by Fat Rich

I've got an imperial Allen key set and I don't think I've ever used it. All hex bolts I've ever met seem to be metric ( not sure about US Fenders though, but my MIJ is metric ). The bridge screws are tiny, maybe 2mm ?

Halfords and good bike shops ( I don't count Halfords as good ) sell cheap multi key sets, in a penknife style format for just a few squid.

[quote name='chrisba' timestamp='1341578223' post='1721205']
I've got an imperial Allen key set and I don't think I've ever used it. All hex bolts I've ever met seem to be metric ( not sure about US Fenders though, but my MIJ is metric ). [/quote]

Music Man bridge saddles are 1/16" hex.

CB

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1341576472' post='1721161']
Buy one of those 20 piece imperial and metric allen key sets that sell for under a tenner and you'll never need to ask this question again whatever bass you have.
[/quote]

I cant plus 1 this enough!!!! They also make good feeler gauges so you can see whats moving where with truss rod adjustments or just to compare as the seasons change, find your favourite one for action height and put some tape around it to remind yourself next time or to see if your necks are moving in or out. :)

£7 Maplins all in a handy box ;)

[quote name='chrisba' timestamp='1341578223' post='1721205']
I've got an imperial Allen key set and I don't think I've ever used it. All hex bolts I've ever met seem to be metric ( not sure about US Fenders though, but my MIJ is metric ). The bridge screws are tiny, maybe 2mm ?

Halfords and good bike shops ( I don't count Halfords as good ) sell cheap multi key sets, in a penknife style format for just a few squid.
[/quote]

Most USA basses appear to be Imp, I know mine are although I use the 2mm as the feeler gauge just as a two fingers up! :lol: