Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Kev

nice to see such great responses, i have -£600 in the bank, and i need a little help sometimes, so all these flaming posters, ur telling me that uv never scored a bass for cheap and sold for more? unfortunatly some of us arnt as well off as others, judging by the equipment in some of your sigs, iv been playin bass for less than 2 years, just a lad startin out who cant really afford to give things away cheap, even if it does contribute to community spirit, its a shame now coz alot of you will think im a twat now, which is really not the kinda thing i want to put accross :)

i was mainly after a trade for a bass of similar quality, quality of which probably comes in at more than £400, if i wanted cash i woulda put it on ebay, this was purely just to see what offers i would get if i decided i wanted a change, i LOVE the bass as you all know, this is how feelers work sometimes i guess. got to say some responses dissapointed me :huh:

withdrawn

Edited by BassManKev

The whole situation is unfortunate really, but I daren't say you can blame folk for rounding on you in this manner. You invited offers and responses and people enquired.

I can sympathise with you money problems, but please be real for a moment, its part and parcel of the lifestyle you have. Most people, myself included, found/find jobs do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to several pm's backwards and forwards with BassmanKev and myself, I have decided to take his advice and post more......

so without further ado, can someone explain the main difference between what kev is trying to do here ie make profit from something he purchased cheap, and me offering what I thought was a fair price? Bassman has accused me of "low balling". As a newbie I would welcome your wealth of knowledge on this, as I am struggling to spot the difference?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18291&view=findpost&p=190970"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=190970[/url]

[quote name='Mike' post='184920' date='Apr 24 2008, 11:08 PM']What irks me somewhat is that when I listed several basses a while ago, Kev missed getting one or two of them due to late PMs and they going quickly (as I think I had priced them extremely competively) and he sent me grumbling messages about how he never gets the good deals etc, and practically forced me to PM the seller to ask him to change his mind!

When he leapt on this one I sold, he seemed genuinely delighted - it's a shame it hasn't worked out for him, but I also think it's a shame that a profit is being made.

Saying that, I have a Ken Smith I got a cracking deal on (not in this, or the BT & BW communities) that frankly I couldn't sell for what I got it for, so I suppose we might all be guilty of it. If I were in a high-powered job, and money not an issue, I'd love to be in a position to give someone a great deal. Unfortunately, as a struggling musician & music teacher with a mortgage, I can't do that. However, I'm happy to take a slight hit to be able to sell a bass at a decent price to keep this great sale forum alive - with the added bonus of shifting one's gear promptly!

Regards

Mike[/quote]

Edited by classic

as a fellow 'newbie' i would suggest spreading your personal discussion over two posts in not the best idea.

I think it would be better if you posed this question in Beedsters post or somewhere else if you have to pose it.

People are getting aggravated over a number of things in the forsale forums. I think to avoid aggravation any community needs to work out a code of ethics to how it runs (and against which people's actions are judged against) Could I recommend that this discussion stays in the hypothetical realm purely because if it doesn't it could damage the community.
There is always mud that could be slung. Community means sometimes not slinging mug that you would be perfectly entitled to sling.
Shalome

OK so this item (and Chris's) is/are no longer for sale. Should we just let these threads drop and somebody please post something for sale (preferably Streamer Stage I :) )?

If you wish to discuss the merits of buying and selling on BC further, maybe open a new thread in the relevant section!