Why become a member? ×

6 string curious...

cocco

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1341429987' post='1718978']
Feeling a little 6 string curious these days, but I don't want to buy one and not be able to play it/not like it. What can I do? Anyone fancy temporarily trading a 6 er for one of my stable?
[/quote]

Shame you're in Cardiff... I've a Warwick Streamer LX 6 that I'd have swapped out against a T-40... but I'm 300 miles away.

Peavey Grinds are very good! The stock pickups sound fairly good recorded direct into a desk too, but the upgrade options are almost limitless with them being EMG shaped. Only thing to note is the necks are VERY thin, so while they're fast/easy to play they take some getting used to!

I also would recommend a Shine. My first 6er was an active one of these and it was super comfortable to play. Again the pickups are EMG sized or jazz sized depending on what you go for so if you really feel the need to upgrade its easily done

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1341512851' post='1720392']
Peavey Grinds are very good! The stock pickups sound fairly good recorded direct into a desk too, but the upgrade options are almost limitless with them being EMG shaped. Only thing to note is the necks are VERY thin, so while they're fast/easy to play they take some getting used to!

I also would recommend a Shine. My first 6er was an active one of these and it was super comfortable to play. Again the pickups are EMG sized or jazz sized depending on what you go for so if you really feel the need to upgrade its easily done
[/quote]
It was your Sig / waxing lyrical about Peavey Grind s that put me onto them in the first place

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1341507181' post='1720270']

Shame you're in Cardiff... I've a Warwick Streamer LX 6 that I'd have swapped out against a T-40... but I'm 300 miles away.
[/quote]

I'd be happy to post if you are? At most it will cost us £30 each there and back. Depending on weather 300 miles away is north or not.

Hi Cocco, what do you mean when you say cheep?

I have a ibanez BTB six stringer that I got for the same reasons as you could be time to move it on.

Here's a pic Pm me if it is of interest

[attachment=112309:IMG_0621.JPG]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341430363' post='1718986']
I've felt much the same way on occasion, but then I've been bi-curious before and I didn't do anything about that either.
[/quote]

Hahahaha! Thats cheered me up reading that! Not for those reasons before anyone says owt.

Dan