Why become a member? ×

FT - 16x4 CAB - GONE to a new home !

sifi2112

Hi all,

Something a bit different here ..

Got this cab I built using 16 x BOSE 901 series II 4 " speakers that I no longer had room to store & thought they might sound good for guitar, unfortunately they only sound 'ok' with electric guitar but actually do sound quite good with bass ! I know the speakers can handle lots of power as I used to drive them with an 800w hifi amp but although I have played this reasonably loud I haven't really been able to crank this cab to gigging volume so not quite sure how they will perform.

Cab is made from void free 18mm ply (cept baffle board 12mm ply) & metal hardware inluding tilt back casters. Marshall cream tolex but finish here & there could be better, metal grille is the only real disappointment but I used what I had rather than buying a bespoke one (found a couple of companies do make these grilles if interested).

Cab dimensions are 105 x 39 x 33 (h x w x d in cm) & +/- 33kg .. cab is 'sealed' as that's how the BOSE speakers were. Wired 8 Ohm

Baffle board is only screwed in place so it could be changed into a 4x8 or 2-3way type cab
(I was thinking about 4 Eminence Alpha 8 or FaitalPRO 8PR200 but they're expensive)

I'm looking for trades & as I'm still after a guitar cab that would be my main trade (pref 1x12 with a decent speaker) but open to all trade offers as I just don't have the room for this. Prefer anyone interested to come & check out .. I'm in Bingley 07508211932

cheers

Simon

Edited by sifi2112

that looks ace i want it!
i dont have a cab but i have a couple of lightly used celestion g100t 12'' drivers, they are a 100w version of the g75t which was a replacement to the old seventy80s, and i may have some other stuff knocking about if you are interested.

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1341582720' post='1721334']
that looks ace i want it!
i dont have a cab but i have a couple of lightly used celestion g100t 12'' drivers, they are a 100w version of the g75t which was a replacement to the old seventy80s, and i may have some other stuff knocking about if you are interested.
[/quote]Thanks but I've just ordered a Celestion (for home practice only as I don't intend gigging guitar) however I am looking at various distortion pedals .. the Blackstar ones look nice but haven't tried any out as yet .. want tight non fizzy metal rhythm tones for riffing, gonna play thru 15w (2w) valve amp, so possible pedal trades .... but open to anything really coz if I don't like I could possibly sell on

No active eq's been sold ... cranked it a 'little' with GK700 at weekend but daren't go any louder as I was at home .. even seemed to handle low B ok. I'm not in a band at the moment so no chance to really hear it but my mate checked it out & gonna borrow for at rehearsal soon so will see how it performs ... would probably trade for Blackstar HT-DUAL btw ...