Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

greetings one and all!

davethedwarf

hi folks, yet another newbie here,

ive been playing now for 12 years and played in a covers band now for about 6, i'm totally devoted
to the cause and couldn't envisage my life without a bass in it! heres my small but very dear collection:

Guitars:
Ibanez BTB400QmBB,
Peavey Zephry,
a home made fretless based on the Alembic Dragons Wing, with 18v emg jazz pups,
plus a collection of parts im going to construct into an 8 string octave bass,

i play through a SWR LA15 combo at home or a Laney R3 combo at practice/gigging.

i've also owned an Epiphone Rock bass (jazz copy- was my first and i'm still upset i sold it)
and 2 BC rich 6 string regular guitars, one a Bich and the other a Warlock, got fed up with them as the weren't
Basses, so they went, also had a Marshall Master lead combo 30w S/S amp, it wasn't great but was my first amp and did me well enough to get me hooked!

cheers, most of the basic woodwork was done by my freind Neil who's a cabinet maker/joiner, its made from 13 seperate pieces of wood, all offcuts from his day job, its, sepili and maple through the centre with ash top, maple middle and sepili back, and a 7 piece maple/ sepili neck with rosewood fingerboard, sadly a bolt on, but as he had only made 1 prior to this, thought i'd keep em seperate for ease of adjustment. i'd spent a good many hours hand sanding it, still needs some finishing though as the fingerboard is still a little high at the heel end so the strings buzz, a little longer with me sanding block is needed me thinks!