Why become a member? ×

DubStep Wobble Question

bassjamm

Hi all,

Been reading and watching some of Chris Hargreaves thoughts on using the panner function on the Line 6 M series pedals for that DubStep wobble.

I've got an M13 and I've got a really nice DubStep sought of sound coming out using my OC-2 into the M13, then with a Tron Up filter, then the Panner. But the panner doesn't seem to want to create the desired wobble.

Any ideas on how best to program the wobble in?

Thanks in advance.

Jam

Just replied to your pm pal...

Yeah, I know I've got the right gear...and there's a few more bits on the way, hehe...naughty!!!

I just read/heard Chris Hargreaves mention the use of the panner is all. And in theory it makes perfect sense as I'm running in mono, the panner won't pan from left to right as such, it'll create the wobble effect. But getting it to sound right with all the tweaking still hasn't yielded the kind of results I'd hoped for...

I am a dunce with all this though!!!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1341012239' post='1712967']
You could ask Mr Hargreaves. :)

You might find this useful (if you've not already been there).

[url="http://www.facebook.com/groups/265330523479274/"]Organic Bass Wobble[/url]
[/quote]

Thank you sir

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1341025910' post='1713005']
You may find this helpful:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/179518-line-6-m-series-expression-control-of-beat-divisions/"]http://basschat.co.u...beat-divisions/[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks feller, totally forgot about that.

With out actually looking, and with what I guess the panner function does, it'll just act like a fade out in mono, and depending rate or whatrever it'll just act as a sort of tremolo.
Better in my opnion to use a tremolo, or something that generates LFO's, and have someway to change the tempo on the fly. A few with midi in can be changed with a metronome, lots have tap tempo.
A LFO generator will make thew low end bubble and wobble, I'm not sure a pan would require any LFO manipulation to make the sound pan/fade.

The only other way that simple is octave into a Low-Pass find the sweet spot on the cut off, and have the cut off controlled via expression. That way you can have controllable wobble, fast or slow to move in time with the beat/drums.