Why become a member? ×

NOW FOR SALE, SEE NEW POST: deep blue Ibanez ATK405

SimonH

Hi – really don’t want to let this go, but can’t switch between four strings and five strings during a gig without getting black looks from the singer every time I go for the E and get a B instead.

So here it is, a mega-deep trans blue (almost black) Ibanez ATK405 in near-mint condition and no issues. Specs are 24-fret maple neck and board, 34” scale, five-way switch between triple coil bridge and single coil neck. Made in Korea in 2000.

It’s an amazing instrument to play – the range of sounds are broad; you should be able to find something to love here. The neck isn’t wide – I’ve got diddy fingers and I’m perfectly comfortable on it. When I got the bass (from another Basschatter) it was missing the trussrod cover at the top of the neck: I bought a new one. I also fitted a set of DR DDTs, which have two gigs on them. So they’re as new.

I can’t tell you how easy this is to play, and how good it sounds – you can get a (rough) idea of the tones the ATK can stretch to below:

But, as I said, I can’t play it live, and that’s what I need it for.

So I’m looking to trade for… not sure. I’ve got a few ‘classic’ Roadstars and Roadsters, so I’m after something relatively modern, active and slappy. I’d be happy with a 4-string version of the ATK, but I’d think about Spector/Schecter/Warwick etc. Try me. Value-wise, I paid £250 for the ATK, which is a bit underpriced I think, but something between there and £300 is about right. I can top-up the deal with various pedals (including a boxed Akai UniBass)/fretless Ibanez/other stuff. Let’s talk!

(The pics are a combination of old ones from the previous sale and online stuff; I can supply my pics later (but check feedback; I’m not messing anyone about!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyjx0Hkui_Q[/media]

Edited by SimonH

Still here, plus new pics etc... so what we're saying is no-one wants to swap my <insert description of ATK405 based on experience, prejudice or hearsay> ATK405 with their <insert anything from fantasy Sandberg to splintering lump of ply strung with cheesewire>?

[attachment=112258:2012-07-02 21.23.23.jpg][attachment=112257:2012-07-02 21.23.35.jpg]

Edited by SimonH

• 1 month later...