Why become a member? ×

Bill Nash in Denmark Street - 7th June

Happy Jack

Bill Nash is flying in to London tomorrow morning, and his first appointment is at Westside (24 Denmark Street) for a couple of hours from 1:00-ish.

Turns out that Westside are his main distributors in the UK, and they have half a dozen of his basses (four P's and two J's, one of them a lefty) in the bass section in the ... erm ... basement.

Apparently he's just going to "be in the shop" for two or three hours, chatting to anyone who feels like dropping in.

Now in truth I don't get the whole relic'd instrument thang, so Nash basses don't really float my boat, but it's not often you get a chance to actually meet one of these names, so I thought I'd run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

[quote name='MrFingers' timestamp='1338999198' post='1682209']
Hmm... Nash...

[url="http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47291"]http://www.offsetgui...php?f=8&t=47291[/url]

... :mellow:
[/quote]

That's a highly-entertaining thread you've found.

I'm slightly concerned though.

My mama done tol' me: "[i]Don't you be believin' no half-assed Yankee geetar-players on a website!".[/i]

At least, not without corroboration, or maybe knowing who these guys actually are. Especially since it seems that Nash actually posted on a linked thread elsewhere and stated that the owner had had work done to that guitar after Nash had sold it.

I have absolutely no brief to "defend" Bill Nash and - as stated earlier - I don't even like relic'd instruments.

But.

Mama din't raise no stoopid chillun.

I owned two Nash guitars and they were both extremely good. Take a look at the unbranded headstocks on a number of extremely well known (and rich like Trujillo and Geddy Lee) bass players fender type basses and you'll see the nash sharpie on the back of the headstock. Cheap ass cack they are not. Whether you like the relic thing is another matter but that's personal prefs...

[quote name='Cairobill' timestamp='1339002882' post='1682301']
I owned two Nash guitars and they were both extremely good. Take a look at the unbranded headstocks on a number of extremely well known (and rich like Trujillo and Geddy Lee) bass players fender type basses and you'll see the nash sharpie on the back of the headstock. Cheap ass cack they are not. Whether you like the relic thing is another matter but that's personal prefs...
[/quote]

I agree with that. I tried once a 57 PB and the real feeling was there.

Thanks for posting, Happy Jack !
I wish i could fly to UK in 10 seconds... I must find a Superman suit. Any advice ?

Well I went and met Mr. Nash yesterday!
He was a thoroughly nice man and very informative with his little talk. There wasn't many people there, maybe 6 so it was very casual which meant there was plenty of time talk with him :D

Don't shoot me down for this but there was a prize draw for a Nash 52ri Tele which I just had to enter :yarr:

While I was there I tried one of his PB-57 precisions which was really nice FWIW.

Cheers,
Jon