Why become a member? ×

FS: Music Man Stingray5 2010. On hold

bigsmokebass

Hey BC'ers

Looking to sell my bass to raise funds.
I have tried to sell and trade this before, so a few people may be familiar with this but I'm in need of the money, not any more equipment.

It's a 2010 MusicMan Stingray 5 in black, black pick guard and maple neck/frets.
Single humbucker, just your everyday SR5 bass sound and feel.
Need I say more?

Pictures:
[attachment=109955:c9de84f7.jpg] [attachment=109956:9dbcb8a8.jpg] [attachment=109957:1053c8d7.jpg] [attachment=109958:612b28c4.jpg] [attachment=109959:7418af7f.jpg] [attachment=109960:a99f4763.jpg]

Specs: [url="http://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/stingray-5.html"]MusicMan:SR5[/url][list]
[*]Looking for £1050, no offers.
[*]Preferably collected or delivered at buyers expense.
[*]UK only
[*]Paypal or cash on collection.
[/list]
BSB

Edited by bigsmokebass

This bass is a BEAUT'!! i don't think the pictures do it much justice (although it lets you gather the finish) it fits like a glove to my prev SR5's and sound as awesome as ever.

i dont need to butter this up at all, these basses have a reputation that talk for themselves and an array of current and past players to show how these beats work.
unfortunately i keep taking this back every time i sell because it is soooo good but for the past 18 months i have never used the B string :(

[sub]edit: spelling[/sub]

Edited by bigsmokebass

This is truly an outstanding bass at a very fair asking price. Given different times I'm sure it would have sold very quickly but just not at the moment. Money is tight with the vast majority of folks. The mere fact you have to sell this beauty to fund other purchases is an example of the situation which we all find ourselves in. Hang on in there as surely someone must, sooner or later, stretch themselves to give this bass a good home.

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1339076222' post='1683279']
This is truly an outstanding bass at a very fair asking price. Given different times I'm sure it would have sold very quickly but just not at the moment. Money is tight with the vast majority of folks. The mere fact you have to sell this beauty to fund other purchases is an example of the situation which we all find ourselves in. Hang on in there as surely someone must, sooner or later, stretch themselves to give this bass a good home.
[/quote]

+1

Im in the same boat really :(

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1339076222' post='1683279']
[/quote]

Aye, I know the climate is in tatters and people don't have a penny to share and hence why I'm letting this go so cheap as I paid £1500 just over a year ago and I had this up at the beginning of the year for roughy £1150 with offers of my current asking price.
I thought I could have had this sold within a few days to someone who can afford an appreciate it more than I do.

Time can only tell what happens but thanks for the support :)

BSB

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1339085469' post='1683442']
Hi, do you have any more info on the bass' condition - it looks pretty much "as new" in the photos but it's sometimes a bit hard to tell.

Cheers.

By the way, where abouts in Shropshire are you based?
[/quote]

Hi Andrew,

The bass is pretty much new, I'd say it looks better than it does in the pictures. There might be slight wear but it's never been gigged and only slightly used.

I'm in Wellington, Telford.

Thanks for the interest :)

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1339113109' post='1684054']
Honestly, if I had the money right now I'd take this. It's a wonderful price and clearly a wonderful instrument too. Best of luck with the sale, times are hard!
[/quote]

Cheers matey, much appreciated :)

[quote name='martfitz' timestamp='1339350847' post='1687278']
Stunning looking bass, I really regret getting rid of my Stingrays, can't you sell a kidney instead? :lol:
[/quote]
Im trying to rid of a kidney too for Grand Wazoo's PRS if he'll ever sell it XD
i may need one if that goes ahead ;)

I think you may regret this.....I love my SR5 and don't use the B string all that much but it's there if I need it, and what a B string it is!

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1339579836' post='1690761']
I think you may regret this.....I love my SR5 and don't use the B string all that much but it's there if I need it, and what a B string it is!
[/quote]

I know, I regret selling the last but I'll eventually get a 4 string with rosewood :)
Thank for the thought ;)

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1339589607' post='1690973']
What you got? I know of your G3 :)
[/quote]

That'd probably be the one I'd offer, if looking at deal. I have an SG, but it's staying. Still speculative at this moment - but any interest? If so, on what basis/what's the deal?

Edited by Gust0o