Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question which is annoying me!

woodyratm

You need the kit back in whatever form it is supposed to now exist..then you can judge what damage there may be.
If it needs to be repaired they should do the decent thing and pay for it.. but I doubt they have the money.
They may well have found it useful and still want to continue using it..and because of the time element involved thought it was given up by your parties..?
All of which is irrelevant..you want it back because you want it back and they should give it back in the condition you lent it.
If they don't have it...that is their problem so you need to put a figure on who much they owe you.

Or you can just put it done to a sh*** experience and buy your mum another one.
They are liable to you and you are liable to your mother.. you can't walk from this without a fall-out. IMO.

Knowing a little bit about health, or lack thereof, I do sympathise with your situation.

I've read the whole thread, but have not yet quite understood what you're saying.

If you're saying your health is just way too bad for you to be able to do _anything_ at this point, then so be it. All the best wishes to you. Get your mom to forgive you and buy her some similar stuff, even if you have to take up a loan for it. I know that one someimes cannot get a loan, and so does your mum

If you're saying that your health is such that you _could_ in fact do something, but that you just can't be arsed to take your responsibilty, well then you know the answer, and we don't have to spell it out.

If you're saying that your health is such that you _could_ in fact do something, but that your fear for a health deterioration holds you back, then you are simply wrong. Even in periods of relatively deep depression, you can fight and you can even win. The fight itself _will_ help you. It will give you some health back (even if only temporary, this is too valuable to miss out on) and last but not least, at any rate it will help on your self esteem greatly.
Been there, done that, read the litterature about it.

Good luck!

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1338395332' post='1673921']

If you're saying that your health is such that you _could_ in fact do something, but that your fear for a health deterioration holds you back, then you are simply wrong. Even in periods of relatively deep depression, you can fight and you can even win. The fight itself _will_ help you. It will give you some health back (even if only temporary, this is too valuable to miss out on) and last but not least, at any rate it will help on your self esteem greatly.

[/quote]

totally agree

Personally, I think having left it for a 'few years' before chasing the return of the PA is going to mean you're not going to get anything back.

Certainly not advocating walking away and letting yourself be used as a rug, but you're going to need to be realistic about your chances of compensation.