Why become a member? ×

Very basic Orange AD200B question.

obbm

I gigged my Orange AD200B for the first time in a while last night and noticed that occassionally the orange power indicator light was occasionally pulsating and glowing quite brightly. I've not aseen this before and I can find no mention of this feature, if that's what it is, anywhere. Does anyone know what tis is indicating?

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1338027804' post='1668778']
I gigged my Orange AD200B for the first time in a while last night and noticed that occassionally the orange power indicator light was occasionally pulsating and glowing quite brightly. I've not aseen this before and I can find no mention of this feature, if that's what it is, anywhere. Does anyone know what tis is indicating?
[/quote]

As far as I'm aware it's should just be a constant on light. My only guess is that there was some kind of voltage sag causing it to be dim and coming back to full brightness when power allowed.

Or that could be complete bollocks.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1338030618' post='1668831']
As far as I'm aware it's should just be a constant on light. My only guess is that there was some kind of voltage sag causing it to be dim and coming back to full brightness when power allowed.
[/quote]

The light has a dull glow when the amp is switched on and no signal but the harder you push it the brighter the light gets.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1338031107' post='1668835']
The light has a dull glow when the amp is switched on and no signal but the harder you push it the brighter the light gets.
[/quote]

light is straight off the mains

The AD's I've tried always have have had a quite bright on light to start. As you say yours is dim to start with, maybe the fault is there. If there is a loose connection, the vibration when you are pushing could improve the connection, hence the bulb gets brighter. Either way, it don't seem right to me, and I'd get it looked at. You wouldn't want the on switch to pack up mid flow and leave you all acoustic!