Why become a member? ×

Banjo. Ex Black Dyke Mills band. Really

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1337778556' post='1665287']
You could always buy their CD: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Years-Black-Dyke-Mills-Band/dp/B000000A77"]http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B000000A77[/url]
[/quote]

Can't see any on that track listing as (arr for brass band and banjo)

Well, the actual description is "ex Black Dyke Mills Band owner, old and rare", although whether it's the banjo or the owner that's old and rare is open to creative interpretation. I thought pete.young must be making some reference to political correctness, as I'm sure that there would be great exception taken to a Black Dyke band these days if it didn't contain a significant number of Afro-Caribbean lesbians.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1337779273' post='1665311']
Well, the actual description is "ex Black Dyke Mills Band owner, old and rare", although whether it's the banjo or the owner that's old and rare is open to creative interpretation. I thought pete.young must be making some reference to political correctness, as I'm sure that there would be great exception taken to a Black Dyke band these days if it didn't contain a significant number of Afro-Caribbean lesbians.
[/quote]

I haven't seen them play for a while, so they might well.

I've had a nice chat with the seller who seems like a thoroughly nice chap, and he's edited the description. I was just baffled by the idea that anyone could think Black Dyke would have a banjo player, but maybe I'm too Brass Band geek for my own good.