Why become a member? ×

Got me another 80's Yam

Turk

Just got back from picking up aN 80's BB1000S. Reverse 'P' and Jazz pick-up's. Thru-neck. MIJ.

I think the finish is called Orange Sunburst. The usual minor dings, but nothing noticable unless within arms reach. No buckle rash. Everything works as it should and the hardware has no pitting. Frets are fine. Overall a nicely aged instrument.

Ok then, let's have some guesses on the price. Closest gets an all expenses paid luxury holiday for two in the Maldives. [size=1](Some or all of this offer may be untrue !!)[/size] :)

Edited by Turk

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1337117405' post='1655895']
Did you have to wear tights on your head and sound menacing to get it for that price...
[/quote]

He had to go and collect it and also he wasn't bidding against one of those nutters that collects BBs :yarr:

Very nice bass indeed. It was my lack of opportunity to fulfill the [i]collection only[/i] that put me off.

What're the pickups like?

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1337169713' post='1656473']
Do you think we should start a club? you can be number 1 & I'l be.........................

:D
[/quote]

Maybe we could start a whole new bass players' forum and have clubs for just about anything and I could spell my screen name Seano-XIV... B)

...or has it been done already? :blush:

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1337150942' post='1656123']
He had to go and collect it and also he wasn't bidding against one of those nutters that collects BBs :yarr:

Very nice bass indeed. It was my lack of opportunity to fulfill the [i]collection only[/i] that put me off.

What're the pickups like?
[/quote]

Don't know whether I quaify as a 'BB nutter', but I do have a MIJ BB3000, a MIT BBN4, this MIJ BB1000 and I've previously had two other MIJ BB3000's, one with JayDee Supernatural electrics installed by John Diggins.

Strings are well dead, so until I get them changed I can't really offer an opinion on the pick-ups, but even with the strings as they are, they seem fine.

I could have arranged a collection for £5 on a Next-Day service via my employers contract, but the seller would not risk it as he'd previously had a bad experience shipping an instrument.

Edited by Turk