Why become a member? ×

Mesa M-Pulse 600 + 2x10 Powerhouse?

incubass

Hey there guys!

I'm about to buy a 2x10 mesa powerhouse cab, and I'd like to know how it performs alone... Are its 600W sufficient to handle a small gig, or is the volume too low? It will be paired with my M-Pulse 600, which will be underpowered, since the cab is 8ohm and the head is 4ohm...

I already have a 6x10 powerhouse, so the large gigs are absolutely covered, so what do you think about this?

Edit: I wasn't planning on buying it, but a guy is selling one for 250€ (200gbp), it seems to me like a hell of a good price. He's also selling a 1x15 for the same price, but I'm only looking for a small set...

Edited by incubass

I'm gonna get it tonight and I'll tell you the results... The main doubt in my mind right now is if it's worth buying the 1x15 as well, since the price is also 200gbp. Do I really need the match up, having the 6x10? I can't decide myself! :P

Edit: Actually he sells both for 360gbp...

Edited by incubass

Bad luck... It seems it was some kind of a scam. The cabs sounded terrible, no power at all, and completely incapable of handling the gain from my M-Pulse.

I was a little bit suspicious because of the price, but now I understand... He said it sounded bad because the bass was in bad condition (a Warwick Thumb he had there), but honestly, I've seen my Mesa cab sounding awesome with a 100€ bass.

What a disappointment :(

I'm wondering the same myself.
Literally just gotten an M-pulse 600 and Powerhouse 8x10 (another paper-clip trade pays off!) and i'm looking for a small(er) Mesa Cab i can bring to rehearsal/medium gigs.

I think the 210 should be sweet for that though...

Sorry to hear it was a scam, but I can weigh in on this since I used to gig with an orange bass terror running into a powerhouse 210. In short, yeah, small gigs it does great ;) . Awesome cab, sounds really good. I stacked it vertically and it sounded nice and big for its size. I kind of like being able to feel the bass behind me and I couldn't always do that with the cab, however if you went out into the crowd it felt and sounded really good.

Nothing on an 810 however, but there we go.