Why become a member? ×

E-Series precision 1985 - Traded!

Max Normal

I'm really sorry to post this again after pulling it, my missus wanted me to sell it to pay off the credit card after buying a new USA Precision, but when I found out how badly the USA sounded and played compared to this, I was so gutted that she felt sorry for me and said i could keep it (which is why i pulled the last ad).

Now after the new MIA bass got a Wizard pickup installation, a new wiring job and a visit to the luthier to get the neck tweaked and the frets filed, I'm willing to let this MIJ bass I have had for years go. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is that it's the wrong colour/fretboard combination for my tribute band, and I no longer see the need to own 5 precison basses as I can only play them one at a time. I still think this is by far the better bass though, and you are welcome round mine to try them side-by-side too!

So for trade is a beautiful-sounding and pretty roadworn 1985 vintage E-Series MIJ precision bass.

I'd be interested in a decent Jazz Bass, or something interestingly different from a P-bass, but no 4-string fretlesses as i already have one. Negotiations on 5 and 6-strings welcome too. I do have the original Fender bridge by the way (albeit with one seized saddle screw), but it currently has a Gotoh-style one fitted. Everything else is original.

If you want to hear what it sounds like, this clip was recorded last year played live in the studio with a classic rock band I was playing with then.

[url="http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=31934441"]http://www.esnips.co...hp?pid=31934441[/url]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:106261]

Edited by Max Normal

These early Fender japan necks are some of the best. good luck with the sale. I have a similar looking and slightly earlier fender japan build and if it's anything like in the slightest it's a killer bass

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1336467614' post='1645882']
These early Fender japan necks are some of the best. good luck with the sale. I have a similar looking and slightly earlier fender japan build and if it's anything like in the slightest it's a killer bass
[/quote]

Thanks mate! it is an amazing bass alright. Really sweet tone and like you say, a great neck.