Why become a member? ×

Bad service or just bad luck??

Wooks

I have been following this thread and I can say it doesn't surprise me in the least!!! A good friend of mine bought a Peavey bass and little combo amp set to learn on. Within a couple of months the amp stopped working and the bass was so badly put together the pots went tits up! He contacted Peavey about this and was feed some cock and bull excuse and was told to take it back to the dealer and to just get a refund. Great customer service and care don't you think!??! So he did and bought an Ibanez setup and it's worlds apart!!! A much better quality bit of kit compared to the Peavey crap.
So I think the moral of this is yeah stick to them and fire off a letter of complaint, not sure if it will do any good because like I said Peavey's level of customer care is shabby and poor to say the least, especially for such a company with such a repetation of making good quality gear......yeah right :)
To be honest I wouldn't touch Peavey gear from now on, especially if this is the level of care the offer to their customers. I wish you every success with you complaint but I'm not holding my breathe!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well it's been over 2 and 1/2 weeks since I sent a letter of complaint about my treatment over this bloody bass to Clive Roberts, MD of Peavey UK and I [u]STILL [/u]haven't received any response, not even a letter of acknowledgement to mine, not a bloody sausage :huh:
I was wondering how long do you guys think I should leave it before I really throw my teddy out of my pram?? :)
What do you think my next move should be to try and get some form of closure on this?? I was thinking of writing to Bass guitar magazine about my troubles, any thoughts??

Things are a foot in Peavey land and there maybe a positive conclusion and an end to my saga is nigh..........I wait with baited breathe. News of the outcome to follow shortly I hope!!!! :wacko:
Update:
Peavey have been extremely helpful ove this and maybe I might have been a bit hasty with some of my comments over this saga! For which I appologise.... now where's that portion of humble pie I was saving for occasions like this??
The latest is Peavey got a whole bunch of Cirrus down from their warehouse and have found 2 that are a near match to my original, they've emailed me pics, and early next week they are sending both down for my perusal. So hopefully early next week this will be wrapped up warm and put to bed with it's teddy bear, and I'll be a happy camper again!! :)

Edited by Wooks

[quote name='7string' post='200743' date='May 16 2008, 09:34 PM']That's great news :huh: Fingers crossed that either bass is all you want it to be !![/quote]
Thanks!! Yeah I hope so too, it's been a long saga :) But the ydid say that if I wasn't happy with either of them then they would try to arrange something else. I just hope that we don't have to go there!! All will be revealed early next week I hope!!

[quote name='metalmickey' post='200785' date='May 16 2008, 10:58 PM']Still a helluva looooong time to not get a response, and even though you have not 'spat the dummy' so to speak, a friendly and well constructed letter to customer services re: response times may well be in order.[/quote]
To be honest I don't think that this would do any good! If it takes the MD, (who imho is supposed to set an example to his employees), over 3 weeks to respond and in fact he didn't respond it was only my calling him that got the response!! What chance of getting some kind of acknowledgement from customer services any quicker :)
We'll just have to see what happens next week.....tune in for what I hope is the final installment!!

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='178202' date='Apr 16 2008, 07:05 PM']Thanks for the update. The bass was only 195 new, and it probably isn't worth the cost considering the bass is my main gigging bass and has a fair bit of wear on it. I'm making do with rechargeable batteries at the moment. This was my first active bass so it took me a while to realise it wasn't just normal (regular gigging) use causing the batteries to drain so fast.[/quote]

As a minor follow up to this, I've got bored of recharging the batteries every week, and so enquired about the kit to fix the problem. It's £80:45p ! I've asked if Peavey are willing to offer me a discount on this [considering it's their fault] and I'll let you know what they say.

[quote name='Wooks' post='297607' date='Oct 2 2008, 02:57 PM']I hope that you get a better result than me!! :)[/quote]
Peavey have agreed to fix it for nothing! I think it might be a few weeks before it's back to me which means using the Stagg for a bit... luckily the Stagg doesn't actually sound that bad with a few cheap upgrades.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='319037' date='Oct 31 2008, 01:29 PM']I had an e-mail from Peavey yesterday saying they "couldn't find" my bass! Aye caramba!

I was very polite in my response as I'd like it fixed nicely and sent back.[/quote]

if they can't find it you should tell them that you have an emotional attachment to the bass that is financially immeasurable...

I [u][b]DID[/b][/u] warn you that Peavey aren't the best company to deal with and now this is the 2nd BC'ers bass they have managed to f*uck up!!! :) :huh: I feel for you man, epseically with the saga I went through with my Cirrus. Oh and if they have lost it they won't stump up anything in the way of compo. I tried that one with my Cirrus and was told by the MD himself that they wouldn't give me any money as a gesture of good will, they would either replace or refund! So good luck with that one. All in all I would say that if anybody ever get a fault with any Peavey products [size=4]DON'T[/size] send them back to Peavey HQ cos they are less than f***ing useless!!!! :huh: :huh: :unsure: :lol:

[quote name='Wooks' post='319107' date='Oct 31 2008, 03:09 PM']I [u][b]DID[/b][/u] warn you that Peavey aren't the best company to deal with and now this is the 2nd BC'ers bass they have managed to f*uck up!!! :) :huh: I feel for you man, epseically with the saga I went through with my Cirrus. Oh and if they have lost it they won't stump up anything in the way of compo. I tried that one with my Cirrus and was told by the MD himself that they wouldn't give me any money as a gesture of good will, they would either replace or refund! So good luck with that one. All in all I would say that if anybody ever get a fault with any Peavey products [size=4]DON'T[/size] send them back to Peavey HQ cos they are less than f***ing useless!!!! :huh: :huh: :unsure: :lol:[/quote]

If I was you I would keep both basses they send you, say you lost them.

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='319112' date='Oct 31 2008, 03:14 PM']If I was you I would keep both basses they send you, say you lost them.[/quote]
My saga with Peavey ended months ago and all I got back was a lousy refund from the place I bought it, no compo no replacement bass cos the ones they sent down were garbage. So all in all I got buggered about by Peavey and it looks like Andrenochrome is just starting the process with f***ing Peavey, all I can say is GOOD LUCK cos he'll need it they really do suck as a company!!! :)

[quote name='Wooks' post='319152' date='Oct 31 2008, 03:56 PM']My saga with Peavey ended months ago and all I got back was a lousy refund from the place I bought it, no compo no replacement bass cos the ones they sent down were garbage. So all in all I got buggered about by Peavey and it looks like Andrenochrome is just starting the process with f***ing Peavey, all I can say is GOOD LUCK cos he'll need it they really do suck as a company!!! :)[/quote]
lesson to us all here i think!cant understand a company like peavey to give c**p after sale service especially how things are at the moment.word only has to get round and they could lose thousands in lost sales so not a good move by them!need to take a leaf out of a british companys book me thinks!

Edited by bassmansky

[quote name='Wooks' post='319152' date='Oct 31 2008, 03:56 PM']My saga with Peavey ended months ago and all I got back was a lousy refund from the place I bought it, no compo no replacement bass cos the ones they sent down were garbage. So all in all I got buggered about by Peavey and it looks like Andrenochrome is just starting the process with f***ing Peavey, all I can say is GOOD LUCK cos he'll need it they really do suck as a company!!! :huh:[/quote]

Damn Sy, Peavey sound like a crock of cr*p :). Ive never been impressed with their stuff anyway - just another reason not to buy from them in the future!

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='319924' date='Nov 2 2008, 12:50 AM']Damn Sy, Peavey sound like a crock of cr*p :). Ive never been impressed with their stuff anyway - just another reason not to buy from them in the future![/quote]
Yup, put me off buying Peavey gear!!

• 1 month later...

...turns out that the music shop handling the return (PMT) forgot about it for a month then sent it to Peavey.
Anyway, I've had the bass back for a week now, and I'm gigging with it tonight. The pups and preamp and all wiring has been replaced (along with new batteries), and all the new bits are covered by a new 1 year warranty. I'm pleased with the outcome as it hasn't cost me a penny but I've obviously been inconvenienced a fair bit. Slightly more plusses than minuses for me I think.