Why become a member? ×

Hello from Canada

Gauche

Hey everybody. Another Canuck here from western Canada. I've been playing bass for well over 30 years now. I'm mostly into playing rock but like all sorts of music. I'm also a lefty but play with the strings upside down ( e string on the bottom ). I started noodling around on someone elses righty and within a couple of weeks got an offer to try out with a band. I tried to locate a lefty bass but back then it was tough to locate one as they didn't have any in the music shops around here. Six weeks after starting to rehearse we played our first gig and I was hooked. I played a number of years with an upside down righty before buying left handed basses. Of course I have to have them restrung. Since then I've noticed a number of other lefty bassists that play that way so I know I'm not alone lol. Currently I'm playing in a duo (cover tunes) and a trio (mostly originals). Anyways It's great to be here! :)

Thanks guys. I guess I should list my gear so here goes.
My go to basses are a 2008 Fender Jazz mim (arctic white) and a Schecter Stiletto Extreme (black cherry)
I also have a '76 4001 Rick, an 82 Daion Savage, a KSD Proto-j 5 string and a Peavey Millenneum bxp.

My amps include a G-K 1001rb ll 2x12 combo that I pair up with a 15'" yorkville cab for live.
A Yorkville 200 xm amp with a 15 (practice) and a Hartke A35 (practice)

I use a Sansamp programmable pedal once in a while as well.

I'm looking at getting another G-K 2x12 cab to pair up with the G-K combo.

• 4 weeks later...