Why become a member? ×

Shuker Custom Jazz 4-SOLD pending the usual.

giblett123

SOLD - Pending the Usual.

Morning all,

here we have my Shuker Custom Jazz 4 which I commissioned to be built Nearly 2 years ago (received it month ago so the bass is not a 2yo). It is as new and stunning in every way, a truly awesome sound but I'm finding myself using my Shuker PJ almost permanently (built at the same time) as it suits the stuff I'm currently doing and have a 5er due in soon too so this probably wont get the playing it deserves, thus I'm floating it to see if there is any interest.

[b]Specs are: [/b]Alder body finished in "Shell pink" nitro cellulose (pale and pastel like and not "barbie" in any way)! with parchment s/plate, maple neck with maple board and black dots,38.5mm at the nut, slim profile neck, 21 frets, Gotoh bridge, Bareknuckle J pickups with white covers, East J- retro deluxe circuit with vol, blend, mid+sweep, treb/bass stack, passive tone/push pull passive bypass (i.e. you can have the traditional passive J sound or at the push of a knob access a seriously broad range of tones, infor on the premp: [url="http://www.east-uk.com/"]http://www.east-uk.com/[/url]). Hiscox case.

[b]Condition:[/b] Mint, no marks or wear whatsoever.

[b]Trades?[/b] Not looking for one especially but I have a weakness for nice toys so you never know, please feel free to ask......Stingrays, Overwaters (UK built not a tanglewater), Sadowskys, GB, with possible cash adjustments either way.

I'll put up some better pics when I get home tonight and have a fair few which I can mail so feel free to PM me and ask.

Cheers for looking.
Chris.

Edited by giblett123

Guilty as charged! I may yet pull it and it is probably the wrong thing to do, just worried it won't get played And obviously I've a few quid tied up in it, I'm definitely having a preference for a warm P! :) Weight wise Tom I'm not sure, I think it would probably be round the 9lb mark, I'll be brave and waddle onto the scales in a bit!

Beautiful...

(Btw if any bc'ers out there are a bit shuker curious then can I suggest you try one out. I've managed to pick up 2 now and they are simply incredible works of art. The build quality is amazing.)

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1335025573' post='1624947']
Probably, it's what I do best! So, you don't fancy a wee punt it yourself then? Cool looking partner for your other v nice looking Shuker? When my regret kicks in I could save up and buy it back off you!
[/quote]

The wife would kill me mate

Edited by chilievans

Such a shame you don't think you will play it much, especially after waiting so long for it. I am placing an order with Jon in the summer to build me a J bass in addition to the Uberhorn he is currently building for me, so this would be tempting. Despite of the metro-sexual colour (which I actually like very much on this bass!), I do prefer 24 fret necks.

One of my students has some inheritance money that is burning a hole in her pocket and is looking to upgrade. She loves anything pink, so this might be up her street! She has a lesson booked with me this Thursday, so I will mention this bass to her and I will PM you.

Edited by shizznit

Pink jazzes look fantastic, especially with brown tortie 'plates. I'm 6ft 1 and ugly as sin but would be delighted to gig at the legendary Dog and Duck every Saturday night with this (my old Yamaha quells any trouble it really would hammer nails in :lol: ).
Bump for a truly wonderful instrument.

Edited by karlfer