Why become a member? ×

Fender/Warmoth Fenderbird PRICE DROP - £500

BigBassBob

Hi guys, up for sale/trade is my Fender/Warmoth Fenderbird.

The neck is from a MIJ 62 Precision bass (1998 IIRC?) and it's from my first bass actually. The body is from Warmoth in America and it's a cocobolo top on mahogany with a black pinstripe layer between. The knobs are cocobolo, the pickups are Nordstrands, the bridge is a Schaller and it's currently setup with a set of Chromes. I also upgraded the machineheads to Hipshots. This bass was assembled last year.

A hint of flame on the back of the neck:

The headstock has a few minor scuffs on it which is somewhat expected as it's seen a fair bit of play time. The body has a little chip in the finish near the strap lock but it's barely noticeable.

I'm aware that Thunderbirds are typically prone to neck dive but there is none to be found on this bass (possibly due to the strap button positions).

The pickups were only recently changed and my tech also fully shielded the cavities while he was at it. As such, I'd be willing to throw in a set of EMG PJX pickups that were once in it (aggressive but a little clinical sounding for my tastes).

It also comes with a snug-fitting gig bag.

Anyway, down to business. I'm after [b]£500[/b] for this posted. I'm open to offers/trades but I'm mainly after cash for this.

Cheers,
Bob.

Edited by BigBassBob