Why become a member? ×

SOLD:: FENDER 57 VINTAGE REISSUE PRECISION / white nitro - £1200. MINT!

JJMacL

I've owned this beautiful fender precision 57 vintage reissue for about 12 weeks, from brand new, and she is immaculate, mint, in showroom condition. The white nitro finish with gold scratchplate and maple neck is a work of art - and she is only going to look better with age. Made in the US, 2011, she lives in a Fender retro tweed case. This still has traces of the blue cellophane attached on the locks.
In fact, she spends too much time in the case. I have only taken her out a dozen times for a strum in the bedroom where she has revealed what I have heard other people say about these vintage reissues - they are great guitars. This one can do mellow, but she sure has thumping p bass power. Neck is classic and smooth.
This guitar has, I think, something special going on. She was a wonderful gift, I'm a lucky guy! But the truth is, this is not for me. I'm replacing her with a Thumb and I'm selling cos I need to cover the cost.
RRP is £2350 or something and GAK price is £1760. I'm asking £1200 - delivered in UK.
Never out of the house, never gigged. She came with a leather Fender strap , but no chrome covers for the pick up or bridge. I think they look better without but if you need these I've seen chromes on Ebay going for £20-30.
This bass is perfect. Are you allowed to say, a future collectible? And if this is what you have been looking for you wont find a better example.

Edited by JJMacL

I've played this lovely example of a precision and it really is a good one. I couldn't see any of the usual examples of tardy QC and anyone that gets this will be doing themselves a huge favour. I think this is as close as anyone will get to a real '57 without breaking the bank.
Looks stunning in the flesh too, I fell in love with it straight away!

What's more, he's a lovely guy and he is a recommended trader!

Bump

Alex

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1334359223' post='1615311']
I've played this lovely example of a precision and it really is a good one.... I think this is as close as anyone will get to a real '57 without breaking the bank.
Looks stunning in the flesh too, I fell in love with it straight away!
[/quote]

Hey, Alex, I'd forgot you'd seen this as you enjoyed your cup of tea!

Thanks for the kind words. Hope it's all going well.

I've been asked for some spec, so this is from Fender:

[b]Neck Shape:[/b]
"C" Shape
[b]Number of Frets:[/b]
[b]Fret Size:[/b]
Vintage Style Frets
[b]Fretboard Radius:[/b]
7.25" (18.41 cm)
[b]Nut Width:[/b]
1.75" (44.45 mm)
[b]Scale Length:[/b]
34" (86.36 cm)
[b]Neck Plate:[/b]
Serialized 4 Bolt Neckplate
[b]Truss Rod Nut:[/b]
Original Vintage Style
[b]Pickup Configuration:[/b]
Single Split-Coil Pickup
[b]Middle Pickup:[/b]
'57 Precision Bass® Split Single-Coil Pickup
[b]Controls:[/b]
Master Volume, Master Tone
[b]Hardware:[/b]
Nickel/Chrome
[b]String Nut:[/b]
Synthetic Bone
[b]Strings:[/b]
Fender® USA Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045, .065, .080, .100 Gauges)
[b]Unique Features:[/b]
Anodized Aluminum Pickguard, Synthetic Bone Nut

I believe spec above is missing some important facts :blush: these White Blondes are made from Ash bodies, not many other Fenders or P's in general have that.

Also the neck - all one piece Maple neck with Walnut skunk stripe - 1.75" nut, 7.25" radius, .045" x .080" vintage frets,
If you like a 'vintage neck' you'll love these, it's all about the feel, I love playing mine & I'm sure this on offer above is just as fine B)

GLWTS,
Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1334399027' post='1615606']
I believe spec above is missing some important facts :blush: these White Blondes are made from Ash bodies, not many other Fenders or P's in general have that.

Also the neck - all one piece Maple neck with Walnut skunk stripe - 1.75" nut, 7.25" radius, .045" x .080" vintage frets,
If you like a 'vintage neck' you'll love these, it's all about the feel, I love playing mine & I'm sure this on offer above is just as fine B)
[/quote]

Thanks John, you are spot on with the info. The neck on this one is particularly nice and the guitar is well balanced.

I've had a couple of offers of trades. There are so many great guitars around just now, i'd love to.... but I'm sorry - this needs to sell to fund my Thumb.

I'm sure it is going to find a good home and make someone very happy.

Edited by JJMacL