Macko1968

1983 JV Squier

and another

I see a pattern forming

wait....this one's a 1982

1983 Wal, £800 BIN off eBay !

Surine Esprit S/N 0001 - from Eubasix

14lbs of Alembic Mark King

Status Kingbass (an Artist according to Rob Green but with a b/o neck?)

1984 Tokai Jazz, very neck heavy

Fabulous collection! Love the Alembic - Drop me a PM anytime you fancy parting with it!

I think Rob called your KingBass an Artist, as it's a standard with a special order gloss coloured finish. Yes, artists usually have the through neck, but yours is a sort of cross-hybrid between the two :) An "Art" or an "Ist"??

[quote name='paul, the' post='176605' date='Apr 14 2008, 08:01 PM']Of all those, I like the first one best. :)[/quote]
Yep - me too!

But there's some other very nice basses in that collection too.. The Wal and the Tokai particularly.. So which ones do you still have then?

All been & gone I'm afraid.

I'm terrible for buying & selling (as Eubassix will testify) & I am currently bassless. I've had issues for a few years with CTS in my left hand & I go through phases of not playing when things are bad. Currently I have a few bob spare, hand is good & I'm gassing for a nice Lakie again.

Of the ones in the pictures, the Surine had the best neck, wafer thin, sounded great & was beautifully made - if anyone gets the chance to try one, do it. The JVs were all nice, I had all 4 at the same time, the fiesta red one was the best of the bunch. The Wal was a killer bass, the Alembic similarly so but very heavy. £ for £ though, the Laklands won hands down, unbelievable attention to detail & I'd kill for the green one back.