Why become a member? ×

Public Liabilty Insurance

Andy Jones

• 2 months later...

Just going through the same process myself. Most of the usual suspects won't cover a band, just individuals (Music Guard, Endsleigh etc)
I've found Graham Sykes that will cover a 5 piece for £1million for £248/year. They will also cover a single event.

Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can try?

I get it free as I insure my kit with musicguard. I pay £12 a month direct debit on £4k worth of bass gear. If you are thinking of insuring your kit it could be a good way of killing two birds with one stone. I assume they offer it on smaller amounts

I work in Insurance and i would highly recommend avoiding any insurance cover offered by Entertainment & Leisure (E&L). Or at the very least, study their policy wording letter by letter and make sure you know [i]exactly [/i]what you are not covered for. They are notorious in the industry for borderline unfair contract terms and abysmal claims handling.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1339609588' post='1691489']
I work in Insurance and i would highly recommend avoiding any insurance cover offered by Entertainment & Leisure (E&L). Or at the very least, study their policy wording letter by letter and make sure you know [i]exactly [/i]what you are not covered for. They are notorious in the industry for borderline unfair contract terms and abysmal claims handling.
[/quote]

Good to know, never had to claim thank goodness but really only had it for the PL component.