Why become a member? ×

Anyone got a Brennan ?

Prosebass

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1333902557' post='1607984']
When all audio-visual and computing devices, phone, internet and what have you are combined into one set-up (convergence) then that will change the dynamic again. I definitely think that not having music on vinyl (or CD) devalues it somewhat. And if you're of a generation who is used to not paying for music anyway, even more so.
[/quote]

It's the nature of the beast I guess. I certainly don't have a problem with it. I think the bottom line for me is that, for what it's designed to do the Brennan device doesn't represent a step forward technologically, and as such would be of questionable value.

I think my blood sugar must be a bit low. Can I go for my tea now please? :unsure:

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1333902829' post='1607989']
And I was suggesting that the money spent on a Brennan would be better spent on a computer which will do all the things that the Brennan can do (and lots more) but with more flexibility and a better user interface.
[/quote]

I'd certainly agree with that. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to sit on my comfy sofa, rest my bad back and listen to a CD. :)

At the risk of sounding stupid, I've never quite understood the difference (other than looks) between a Brenan and an ipod. I have my entire collection on ipod and the convenience and portability far outweighs any loss of sound quality. I grew up with cheap hi-fi systems and copies of copies on cassette, so it doesn't bother me.