Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB5 mk1 pickup replacement

brick

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here could give me some suggestions to check out for replacing the stock pick ups in my TRB. looking for something that would be a direct replacment and not require any work being done to the body in order to fit, any suggestions?

cheers

Ross

You should consider the humbuckers on the RBX 374/5. They are excellent - and they'll probably fit - I have 2 in my BBG5A.

Actually, looking at the spec for the TRBs, it may be the same pup with a different case - no poles showing.

Anyone know?

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

i do quite like the stock pick ups, im just finding that im not really cutting through in the mix at gigs and practices and they seem to have much lower output than other pick ups ive used, quite liking the idea of the nordstrands

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1333386403' post='1601003']
im guessing you know of the EQ inside the control cavity on the TRB5's..?
[/quote]

aye i spent endless hours playing about with it before i replaced with a delano pre

have been playing about with the mids today to trying to get a bit more cut, have a practice tomorrow night and will see how that helps

never thought to check the battery will try that also, cheers for the advice guys

[quote name='brick' timestamp='1333475093' post='1602332']
aye i spent endless hours playing about with it before i replaced with a delano pre

have been playing about with the mids today to trying to get a bit more cut, have a practice tomorrow night and will see how that helps

never thought to check the battery will try that also, cheers for the advice guys
[/quote]
what sort of cut do you want? A warwick like aggressive low middy growl at the front of the mix? A stingray like highs cutting through? J bass like highmids?
How new and what type of strings?

been finding that boosting the 500hz mid on the delano pre is def helping in making myself audible in the mix, aye the strings are fairly recent also i think i chucked the r cocco nickle set on about 2-3 weeks ago

still finding im having to set the gain on every amp ive plugged into recently pretty (gig rig, practice, studio amp) have been noticing the bridge pick up seems less powerfull than the neck so might be a factor