Why become a member? ×

Got my stolen bass back after 11 years wait.

paul j h

Hi, i am still unable to put the pics up, but if someone can for me i will e-mail them the pics and they can include it in the post somewhers. The ebay seller was a guy called James his ebay shop is Bristol guitars and he really is a top bloke, between him and me we had to do all the leg work. Still the police get a "clear up" after 11 years! Cheers Paul.

[quote name='paul j h' timestamp='1333133411' post='1598002']
Hi, i am still unable to put the pics up, but if someone can for me i will e-mail them the pics and they can include it in the post somewhers. The ebay seller was a guy called James his ebay shop is Bristol guitars and he really is a top bloke, between him and me we had to do all the leg work. Still the police get a "clear up" after 11 years! Cheers Paul.
[/quote]

Congratulations on getting it back.

Doing the legwork yourself rings a bell, my garage was broken into many years ago and some bike parts, computer parts, and a bass cab were nicked. I happened across the bike parts in a local bike breakers, who were helpful, and rang round a couple of second-hand shops myself, one of which had the bass cab and had taken the name and registration number of the bloke who'd sold it to him. So I passed the info on to the police. Sadly the subsequent prosecution failed, as the magistrates were happy to believe that the perpetrator had bought the stuff in good faith.

Hi all, to date i'm not sure if James got his money back, he and the Police were putting pressure on Cash converters and as it was proven to be stolen i guess they have a moral obligation but i;m not sure if a legal obligation. The strange fact in the whole story is eleven years passed and who knows how many pairs of hands but it still stayed in Gloucester until purchased by James from Cash converters.