Why become a member? ×

Help with finding a hollow body/semi acoustic bass *Sorted*

Valhalalf

Balls! I got massively outbid on the Zenith., it ended up going for what they cost new.

Starting to warm to the idea of sourcing a Yamaha BEX4 and converting it to fretless, shame they're not easy to come by either lol

Edited by Valhalalf

[quote name='Valhalalf' timestamp='1333140759' post='1598130']

Starting to warm to the idea of sourcing a Yamaha BEX4 and converting it to fretless, shame they're not easy to come by either lol
[/quote]

A sound choice my man ;)

There's quite often Epiphone Jack Casady semis floating around on the 'For Sale' thread. Have you considered one of those for a de-fret?

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1333201541' post='1598673']
What about this?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIPINTO-BELVEDERE-STANDARD-BASS-plus-DiPinto-Gigbag-/300687154130?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item460259dbd2"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item460259dbd2[/url]

Daft price so far & looks quite cool IMO.
[/quote]

Or you could look here... http://basschat.co.uk/topic/172044-for-sale-dipinto-belvedere-standard-bass/

Well I am absolutely gutted.

I found a Bex 4 on ebay Germany the other week which I successfully won - [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170817916194?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649"]eBay BEX 4[/url]

I probably paid a bit over the odds for it as with the shipping and money transfer to Germany costs it worked out at £375 but I figured they don't come up that often, it comes with a hard case, the description implies it's in good condition and the colour was really nice.

It arrived this morning and the condition is no where near what I was expecting. I found several big scratches, some all the way through the finish, lots of smaller marks, a dent in the finish near the strap pin and to top it off the top part of the EQ section is cracked and lose.

And to top it all off one of our own BC members posted one for sale at the weekend for £75 less than I paid.

I've messaged the seller to see what he wants to do about it but it's definitely taken the sheen of my excitement :(

I know you'll be really peed-off but hopefully the damage is just cosmetic and maybe even repairable.
But, you've got a stunning bass that needs an admiring player to give it some TLC.
I took mine out yesterday to play at church and it helped to ease my hangover.

[quote name='Valhalalf' timestamp='1334575389' post='1617770']

And to top it all off one of our own BC members posted one for sale at the weekend for £75 less than I paid.

[/quote]

Regarding this bit. I've learned over the years that whenever I buy something (new or used) I stop looking in the market place afterwards for a while. You'll almost always see something that would have been cheaper/better/more convenient.

Hey man, you've got one! Enjoy it! :)

Well lots of good news about the bass.

Firstly having spoken to the seller about mis-selling it's condition and not mentioning the broken EQ plate he kindly offered to refund me 100 Euros back without any prompting. This will mean the bass only costing me £300 inc delivery/fees etc now which is a bit of a win, especially as it comes with a fitted hard case and spare strings.

Secondly I've just got off the phone to yamaha who can supply me with a replacememnt EQ plate for £1.50 which I have ordered and looks incredibly easy to replace.

I'm feeling so much happier now. The bass plays and sounds wonderful and I can live with the cosmetic marks, basses get them eventually, it was more the broken EQ plate that was bothering me which will be sorted soon.

Search over :)

Edited by Valhalalf