Why become a member? ×

Hi from Epping

David Copper

Looks like a great community with some interesting posts. I first picked up the bass in 1977 when I formed a punk band with some friends from school. The whole anti-musicianship vibe suited our playing style and at our only gig, which was supporting at the Marquee 'cos we knew someone, saw us plastic glassed off the stage. Haven't improved much since, but have moved through various musical genres since. Have had various basses over the years, but more recently a Stingray that I have just sold. My best mojo bass was a Vox Standard that I bought new in the early 80's from Len Stiles in Lewisham. Cheap but it was loud with great tone and somehow just loved it and practised night and day as a result. Was stolen in '85 :( Getting another on eBay I decided, as I have more time on my hands now and want to get that whole practice regime back. Had the Stingray for 7 years and hardly picked it up. Liked looking at it though! Love YouTube for learning. See how I progress this time. anyway - that's me. Ready to work my way through the Jon Liebman Funk Fusion Bass book! Cheers

Thanks guys. EAST ANGLIA BASS BASH sounds great. On the basis of my back to bassics I'm coming as that legend Brushy One String [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEkdA2Whvm8[/media]
Forget all the gear no idea - He's no gear - all idea, What a hero!

Edited by David Copper