Why become a member? ×

Has Marshall sorted there MB Series??

Mattbass97

I've been reading up on the MB4210 because I'm highly considering getting it, I have a mb30 and love the tone and everything about it. All the forums I read where based on the MB4210 crapping out and stuff but these forums were posted back in 2010 and 2011 and possibly earlier. Has anybody currently got that amp or another Marshall MB series? Is there amp problems sorted? Are they now more reliable?

Thanks

[quote name='leonshelley01' timestamp='1332669118' post='1591270']
I've been using an MB4210 and MBC115 for a couple of years now and never had any problems with either of them. My understanding is the initial batch had some problems with overheating and blown crossovers, but they appear to have sorted it now.
[/quote]

That's good your set up is what I'm initially aiming for but I'm starting with the 4210, is it good and loud by itself?

I am also considering this series.

An MB head and MB 4x10 cab.

Which gives me the option for a further MB 4x10 for extra "pose" and loudness.

Now that the initial reliability issues have been resolved, I have read that the only thing that is sub par on the MB series is that the onboard compressor, which is supposed to be a tad pants.

But nothing a pedal could not fix.

From what I have read, that the 4210 combo is very loud on its own.

All I need to do now is convince Mrs Dandelion that I deserve a new amp.

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1332678256' post='1591456']
I am also considering this series.

An MB head and MB 4x10 cab.

Which gives me the option for a further MB 4x10 for extra "pose" and loudness.

Now that the initial reliability issues have been resolved, I have read that the only thing that is sub par on the MB series is that the onboard compressor, which is supposed to be a tad pants.

But nothing a pedal could not fix.

From what I have read, that the 4210 combo is very loud on its own.

All I need to do now is convince Mrs Dandelion that I deserve a new amp.
[/quote]

Haha luckily for me I dont like using compression that much I never use it, I prefer using technique and EQ to get slap tones and finger style is never a problem. I can get Along fine without compression :)

I've had really bad experiences with the MB series - all well documented on here.

I've had an MB30 for years - brilliant amp and love it to death.

However, when I upgraded to the MB4210, I had three amps fail on me within the space of a month. I then upgraded to the head and 1x15" cab, which also failed a week after purchase. This was about two years ago.

Guess what happened last week? The tweeter in the 1x15" packed up. I spoke to Marshall and A new one should be arriving today.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the amps, but the quality control is terrible - I've had nothing but reliability issues, even though i've only used the amp about once or twice a month!

=[

Edited by TheRockinRoadie

[quote name='Mattbass97' timestamp='1332673738' post='1591348']
That's good your set up is what I'm initially aiming for but I'm starting with the 4210, is it good and loud by itself?
[/quote]

The 4210 is loud enough on it's own usually, it's just so I don't have to bend down to adjust the tone!

Actually, the 1x15 extension cab adds a bit more bottom end, but I've only ever really needed it for large gigs with no PA support.

Bought a MB4210 s/h 12 months ago as an improvement on a Trace Elliot Commando 15, which it is. Also have had a MB30 for 5 years which is why I bought the MB4210. Better, deeper tone than MB30. Valve in one of the preamps, which I have not seen on others in this price range. Prefer 2x10 than 1x15, compression is noisy though, clicking everytime it kicks so I do not use it. No problems with reliability and commented by others on tone quality and clarity. Loud enough at half way on both preamp vol and main vol to match loud drummer.

Edited by Shylock