Why become a member? ×

Prosebass headless singlecut travel bass

pete.young

Up for sale or possible trade is this 4-string headless singlecut bass by Paul Rose. Body is Spanish cedar, neck maple/rosewood, ABM hardware and two Bellcat humbuckers with individual volume controls and pull-push coil taps which give a wide and very useable range of sounds.

The bass is designed to have the neck removed and replaced, so uses threaded inserts and pin-indexes to make it very simple to take the neck off and put it back in the same position. I'm told it'll fit in an airplane overhead locker like this, but it's pretty compact even when assembled. Some pics:

I bought this because I was doing a lot of travelling for work, and wanted a small light portable bass to take on the road with me. A job change means that I'm no longer travelling, and since I mostly play 5s anyway I thought I'd put this up for sale to see if there was any interest.

Paul Rose originally made this for wrinklygit and his original review can be found here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/140689-prose-karuna-headless-4/"]http://basschat.co.u...una-headless-4/[/url]

Price, including a brand-new Madarozzo headless bass gigbag (like Status use) is £325 plus shipping. I'd prefer to sell it, but willing to listen to trade offers too.

Edited by pete.young

This was briefly mine I bought it for the same reasons in that I was spending a load of time in hotels. In the end I got a steinberger 6 string cricket bat guitar and a pandora.

I did a wedding and an outdoor music festival with this last summer and the sound was a monster had it been a 5 string I probably would not have sold it.

Pete's a great guy to deal with.

skez

This was actually made for "old slapper", it was this bass that put me back into headless mode, gigged it several times & it always sounded ace,I found the neck a little chunky (read precision like) for my tastes, sold it along with a few other bits to fund my sei headless 5 purchase, the hardware alone is worth close to the asking price, best of luck bump, mike b

[quote name='TorVic' timestamp='1332946680' post='1595300']
That's a very interesting bass. Are there any audio recording available? Thanks.
[/quote]

Not yet. I'm a little busy with work at the moment, but I'll try and get some done over the weekend.