Why become a member? ×

Has anyone built one of these?

mentalextra

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unfinished-P-Bass-Style-Bass-Guitar-Kit-Project-New-/310303016035?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item483f804463"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unfinished-P-Bass-Style-Bass-Guitar-Kit-Project-New-/310303016035?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item483f804463[/url]

Looks like a lot of bits for the money! Can anyone recommend or otherwise!

Cheers, Mike

I have not built one of these although I've seen the link before. I would be wary as to the quality of all those bits personally. You may find having built it that you will need to replace much of the hardware as well as spending considerable effort setting it up. But it could be a good starter project, for someone looking to get into building Fender copies, to make their mistakes on...

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1332420866' post='1588019']
I have not built one of these although I've seen the link before. I would be wary as to the quality of all those bits personally. You may find having built it that you will need to replace much of the hardware as well as spending considerable effort setting it up. But it could be a good starter project, for someone looking to get into building Fender copies, to make their mistakes on...
[/quote]

Already done that! lol Im a sucker for a bag of bits! Takes me back to Airfix kits!

Edited by mentalextra

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1332421296' post='1588033']
Well i'd give it a swerve personally, I don't think it'll be any better quality than those Shine basses that are on eBay ready built, I doubt you'd get much over £100 if you sell it, and you probably won't want to keep it. ;-)
[/quote]

If all else fails I could stick a broom head on it lol

i bought and built the 6 string from the same seller i would not class it as broom :)
of course its not top of the range great fun to build and not bad to play, as said you probably could buy a shine from ebay ready made wich could be just as good (never owned a shine myself)
mine plays quite well nice low action not a bad sound output is a bit low and it didnt take many tweeks to get it to a playable state
the 6 string has a bit of a bassball neck but since this bass is a bit of a project i will be shaving that a tad
also the strings are what you would expect :(
i had great fun and did not glue my fingers together once like i did with those dam airfix kits

• 2 weeks later...