Why become a member? ×

Sold - please remove

Alfie Noakes

Tough times, so my beloved Warwick Dolphin SN has to go. Bought on here from Stonecoldbass aka Craig nearly two years ago, and I hope he doesn't mind me pinching his words, but they were spot on:

"As far as I can tell Warwick are no longer manufacturing these basses and they are only available as a custom shop option making these a bit more sought after now. The playability on this instrument is fantastic, with a great feeling neck and smooth action. The tone is equally pleasing with growly mids, subby lows and smooth highs. The bass can be operated in both active and passive modes and has a 'coil tap' option which splits the bridge humbucker enabling it to act like a jazz bass with two J pups. I've used it on various sessions and it was also my main bass when I did cruise ship work in the caribbean and it has always stepped up to the mark.
The only issue with the bass is a small piece of plastic missing from the nut, but this has no effect on the playability of the bass. I really love this bass and only reason I'm selling is I'm moving to Australia for a year!"

The original ad with pics is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/84408-warwick-dolphin-sn-4-string-new-pics-added/page__hl__dolphin"]here[/url].

It's currently strung with flats, and is a fabulous bass in great condition. It comes with a soft'ish hard'ish (fabric) case. I'm in Birmingham and can also sometimes deliver to Oxford or London. You're more than welcome to try before you buy, if you're local.

Cost £750, but I'll now listen to any reasonable cash offers (£650 anyone?) as I have to; read below:

New circumstances; a lodger of mine did a daylight flit on Monday, owing me a pile of money. I foolishly trusted him when he said he'd pay me as soon as his first pay cheque cleared, and because I kind of knew him, I treated him with kindness and decency. Wasn't I a mug? Isn't he a b@st@rd? Still, I'm desperate to sell so make me a (fair) offer please, and one of the good folk on here will be getting a bargain.

Edited by Alfie Noakes

Sorry Davewick, I have, only it took untll today to get my laptop working to be able to open the .rar file. The iPad really didn't like the file at all.

Yup, lovely looking Sterling.........but not for me. Thanks for the interest.

[quote name='Alfie Noakes' timestamp='1334079241' post='1610644']
Dolphin.....stingray......bass.......a very fishy bump indeed.
[/quote]

This is my favourite hook line on these threads. Catchy!

So .... really ....

B U M P