Why become a member? ×

Venue Reference Guide

Monckyman

Hello.
Having just read the thread in this forum about badly calibrated Noise Limiters in some venues I got to thinking how useful it might be to have a general information thread on venues people have played in.
Information included might be:
Postcode/directions.
Size of room/punter head count
Stage size (or stage at all!)
Noise limiter
Mains 240 access
Load in/stairs
General fees (though these of course vary).
Contact info.
Type of music they like there.

Perhaps a thread like this might help people find suitable gigs more easily.
MM

I tried this a few months ago. It fell dead on its arse. Maybe it's me :/

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/162394-venue-review-wiki-whats-your-next-gig-going-to-be-like/page__p__1486230__hl__venue__fromsearch__1#entry1486230"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/162394-venue-review-wiki-whats-your-next-gig-going-to-be-like/page__p__1486230__hl__venue__fromsearch__1#entry1486230[/url]

I don't think fee's can be included as it's pretty much a personal thing between band and venue. Also I'm a bit worried about libelous statements, we've had one or two bun fights to deal with in the past when members have posted stuff about non members and they have been tipped off about it and come on here to have a look.
It's a monumental pain to deal with.

Good idea but geographically pertinent
I wouldn't mention fees and would just talk about room, stage size, parking, access and general stuff.
So nothing contentious. More practical for weddings, functions and general cross-over gigs between BC-ers..

Stick to facts and it can't be libellous. Keeping it updated will be the challenge. I don't think including fees is a good idea, I'm sure it changes from band to band and from promoter to promoter, and is a private matter in any case.