Why become a member? ×

puke on instruments..... looooooovely : /

jojoagogo234

[quote name='dave.c' timestamp='1331552701' post='1574509']
I've never puked or had puke on a bass before, howerver I have thrown up in a full face crash helmet whilst riding a motorbike, not recommended! and probably off topic as well!
[/quote]

I've been scuba diving with a guy who puked through his regulator, something they are designed to cope with apparently. Anyway, he was OK and it certainly attracted all the reef fish!

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1331590077' post='1575601']
I've been scuba diving with a guy who puked through his regulator, something they are designed to cope with apparently. Anyway, he was OK and it certainly attracted all the reef fish!
[/quote]

Uggghhh I've been so scared of doing this myself, especially after a nasty long boat ride out on a small little rig - I'm no seadog, it's fair to say. Reassuring to know that they can handle puke though...

Our drummer projectile vomited over his kit last year, he turned up at the gig looking a bit pale? turned out he,d had a dodgy curry the previous night but decided to do the gig anyway, halfway through the 1st set i looked at him only to see a multi coloured liquid with chunk,s fly all over the snare, tom,s and floor tom! i was amazed when he shook his head and carried on playing? looked pretty spectacular under the stage lighting when he hit the bugger,s though! What a man. :blink: :lol:

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1331563300' post='1574838']
Puke? A lot of fluids (both bodily and alcoholic) have made it's way on to my instruments, but never puke! Stomache acid is very corrosive. I have seen a drinks can ring pull completely disolve within 20mins in a flask of stomache acid, so make sure that your bass is completely removed of all puke. Gosh...I couldn't imagine what the smell must be like!
[/quote]

Hmmm, I am a bit worried about where you got a flask of stomach acid from?????

Not exactly puke related (though I was gagging by the end.)

My old band arrived one night to set up in a pub in Ipswich. It was pitch black inside (boarded up windows - you know the sort of place!)but the door was open and we knew the landlord well so started loading kit in.

It was me and one of the guitarists first, creating a pile of gear in the dark, landlord turns up and puts the lights on.

As the other band members arrive we notice a stink. Of course, we blame the drummer. Still we can't trace the stink until we are nearly set up and reach the bottom of the pile of gear, where my bass case was lying.

Beneath the case was a huge, squashed, dog turd.

The cuplrit ( the landlords very large German Shepherd) watched sheepishly from behind the bar, as I dragged my bass case into the ladies toilet to clean it up. (Had to use the ladies, no paper in the blokes.)Gagging, swearing and much laughter from other band members ensue.

Still, it all fit with the pub's ambience, which at the time was being used by the police to stake out the drug dealers in the flats next door. Ah, such sweet memories of the Rocking Horse, what a hole....

I once did a gig where the bass player honked up over a girl 'cos he'd had too much Special Spew beforehand, so I had to take him home across town to his place to get cleaned up and sobered up before we could go on and play our set. Funnily enough she became the singer in the next band this bass player & I were in. She never let him forget the incident.